Singapore (11 September 2014) — Acronis®, the global leader in new generation data protection, today announced the release of Acronis ExtremeZ-IP 9.0, the latest version of its enterprise software that seamlessly integrates Macs for use in a Windows based environment. This new version continues to provide access to file servers and NAS via trouble-free Apple Filing Protocol (AFP), now with Spotlight Search full-content searching of NAS volumes. This integration drastically reduces search times to just seconds, increasing employee productivity.
Acronis ExtremeZ-IP, which is used by more than 8,000 companies, is the only enterprise–class software that solves network performance degradation, file corruption, and other incompatibility-related issues caused by the different communication protocols used when accessing Windows file, and NAS servers from Apple Macintosh computers running Mac OS X. By resolving these incompatibilities, Acronis ExtremeZ-IP seamlessly integrates Macs in a Windows-based enterprise infrastructure, allowing employees greater flexibility with their professional devices.
Acronis ExtremeZ-IP Version 9.0 features:
- New Acronis Content Indexing option – Enabling nearly instantaneous Mac OS X Network Spotlight search for file-name and content- reducing speeds from minutes to just seconds, even on remote servers and NAS
- Enhanced configuration and performance for popular network attached storage (NAS) solutions from EMC, NetApp, Isilon, Western Digital, HP
- Important updates for the latest versions Mac OS X and Windows Server
- Support for Network Spotlight search of StorNext file shares
- Certified for StorNext 5, a new version of Quantum StorNext, which is a popular migration path for XSAN customers
“Acronis ExtremeZ-IP has been a trusted enterprise solution for over 15 years,” says Anders Lofgren, VP Product Management of Acronis. “By connecting to NAS via trouble-free Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) now with Spotlight Search compatible searching of NAS volumes, we can provide Mac users with the best experience possible.”
In today’s work environment, technology is more important than ever and employees expect seamless integration with the devices they choose. IT managers know they can trust Acronis ExtremeZ-IP to run Mac devices over their Windows based environment and provide all employees with the devices best suited to their individual needs to increase overall employee satisfaction and productivity.