Hsinchu, Taiwan (Feb 12, 2014) − Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced its fastest addition to the Secure Digital product line. The new SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) card (Kingston® part #: SDA3/xxGB) allows professionals and consumers to capture 4K and other Ultra-HD video resolutions. The new card is available in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities.
The SD Association’s latest specification, UHS-I U3 (Ultra High-Speed Bus, Speed Class 3), guarantees performance of at least 30MB/s read and write, enough bandwidth to record and playback 4K video without interruption. Kingston’s SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 card provides speeds of 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write, which is up to 9x faster (read) and up to 8x faster (write) than standard Class 10 SD cards. The faster speeds ensure the best video and photo integrity by reducing stutter as well as faster PC upload time especially when using USB 3.0 card readers.
The SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 is compatible with all SDHC and SDXC host devices. It allows users to capture cinema quality Full HD (1080p), Ultra HD (2160p), 3D, and 4K2K videos on high-performance cameras such as Digital Single Lens Reflex (D-SLR), Digital Single Lens Mirrorless (D- SLM), camcorders and video cameras. In addition to 4K video capture, it can also be used for high-density photograph capture in burst or continuous capture mode, television recording, and live broadcasts. Users can capture up to 60 minutes of 4K HD video or shoot high-density image files in RAW or JPEG (up to 8,000 24MP images) on a 64GB card.
The SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 is backed by a lifetime warranty and free technical support. For more information, visit http://www.kingston.com/en/flash/sd_cards.
Kingston SDHC/SDXC UHS-I U3 Flash Card Features & Specifications:
- Versatile: Class 10 performance when used in a non-UHS-I capable device
- Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification
- Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
- Compatible: with SDHC & SDXC host devices; SDXC cards are not compatible with SDHC-enabled devices/readers
- File format: FAT32 (SDHC 16GB–32GB), exFAT (SDXC 64GB)
- Guaranteed: lifetime warranty, free technical support
- Capacities1: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Dimensions: 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm
- Operating Temperatures: -25°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperatures: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage: 3.3v
- Performance2: up to 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write, UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/flashguide
2 Speed may vary due to host and device configuration.