Sonos today announced new speakers that expand its home theatre and portable line-ups, offering listeners more ways to easily connect with the content they love. The brand debuted Sonos Ray, a compact soundbar with impressive sound for smaller spaces and as with all Sonos products, the brand’s newest speakers deliver great sound that helps you play more, hear more and feel more, whether at home or on-the-go.
Priced at RM1,799, pre-orders for Ray will be available exclusively on trysonos.my from 14 May onwards. Malaysians will be able to purchase Ray through its official retail partners, Harvey Norman or Lazada Malaysia starting 24 June.
“Homes have become movie theatres, fitness studios, gaming hubs and so much more, all supported by a streaming era that is no longer exclusive to just TV, music and film,” said Patrick Spence, CEO of Sonos. “Ray makes it easier than ever to enhance those listening experiences, thanks to its smaller size, yet impressive sound.”
Blockbuster Sound from Sonos Ray
Ray raises the bar for at-home entertainment with new acoustic innovations that deliver balanced sound, crisp dialogue and solid bass.
- Room-Filling Sound: Custom-designed waveguides project sound from wall to wall, and advanced processing accurately positions elements throughout your room so you feel like you’re at the centre of the story.
- Precisely Balanced: A new bass reflex system with a proprietary design delivers thrilling lows with perfectly weighted bass, while custom acoustics precisely harmonize mid and high-range frequencies.
- Tuned to Perfection: Like all Sonos speakers, Ray was tuned with the input of the Sonos Soundboard, a collection of leaders across music, film and more. Fine tune the sound even further with Trueplay to create the ideal listening experience for any room.
- Enhanced Listening: Sonos’ Speech Enhancement ensures even greater clarity so you never miss a word, while Night Sound reduces the intensity of loud effects so you don’t disturb anyone else at home.
- Compact Design: Whether you’re placing it on your media stand or tucking it inside a credenza, Ray’s understated and impressively compact design blends into any space.
- Sustainable Sound: Ray also features our most sustainable design packaging to date, with a gift box and protective cushions that are 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
Ray brings the brand’s category-leading simplicity and versatility to a more accessible price point, making it easy to build your first home theatre setup or expand in more rooms. The new soundbar is compatible with all of your favourite streaming services, so you can enjoy movies, music and more with simple setup and control – just open the Sonos app and start listening in minutes. You can easily control Ray with your existing TV remote, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2 and more. Add a pair of Ones to your home theatre setup for surround sound or connect to any Sonos speaker for multi-room listening.