FUJIFILM Malaysia is pleased to announce the launch of the premium compact digital camera “FUJIFILM X100V” (hereinafter “X100V”) in late February 2020. The X100V features a newly-developed high-performance lens on its camera body, designed with functional beauty and sophistication. It is equipped with the latest image sensor and image processing engine to deliver premium-quality images with the company’s signature color-reproduction technology. Another feature is the evolved version of the Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder, which offers inter-switchable optical and electronic viewfinders, in pursuit of the photography style of “shooting through the viewfinder.”
Fujifilm pioneered a new market segment of premium compact digital cameras in 2011 with the launch of the FUJIFILM X100, the inaugural model of the X100 Series. The X100 Series has established a distinctive market position as premium compact digital cameras after winning strong acclaim from users around the world for its sophisticated exterior design, layout that facilitates intuitive operability, and advanced image quality made possible with Fujifilm’s signature color reproduction technology, fostered through over 80 years of development.
The X100V, to be released this time, is the fifth-generation model of the X100 Series. While maintaining the Series’ popular design in principle, the new model uses aluminum for the top and bottom plates of the camera body. The application of advanced metal processing technology has achieved sharp looks to the edges while keeping the surfaces smooth. The use of a tilting rear LCD monitor and dials on the top plate enables intuitive operations and gives the camera body design sophistication exuding functional beauty. A high-performance lens with ultra resolution has been newly developed for this model. The back-illuminated 26.1MP “X-Trans™ CMOS 4” sensor and the “X-Processor 4” high-speed image processing engine are combined with Fujifilm’s unique color reproduction technology to produce premium-quality stills and videos in “memory colors,” i.e. vivid colors exactly as you remember. The X100V has the Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder, the world’s only viewfinder that can be switched between optical viewfinder (OVF) and electronic viewfinder (EVF).
The EVF uses a newly developed high-resolution, high luminance, high contrast organic EL panel to provide enhanced immersiveness in photography shooting.
The X100V is a digital camera that integrates excellent design and operability, perfected with attention to detail, with functions that achieve outstanding image quality. It will give photographic pleasure and a sense of joy to own such excellent camera to a wide range of users including professional photographers and photography enthusiasts.
Main product features
(1) Sophisticated design exuding functional beauty
- This is the first X100 Series camera that uses aluminum for its top and bottom plates. Aluminum, known for its highly shapable property, has been milled into shape to achieve sharp looks to the edges while fine blasting treatment has been applied to the surface for smooth texture. The body has been colored with alumite treatment to achieve a premium appearance.
- For the first time in the X100 Series, this model features a two-way tilting rear LCD monitor that enables various shooting styles from high and low angles. The monitor’s excellent touch-response performance guarantees intuitive operability. The ultra-thin LCD monitor can be stored flush in the back panel to achieve an integral body design with a sense of style.
- The X100V offers an ISO dial, built into the shutter speed dial, allowing you to check and adjust various settings without having to turn the camera on. When adjusting ISO sensitivity, you can pull the outer rim of the Built-In ISO Dial up to lock for added convenience.
- The camera features a grip shaped for a comfortable hold and various buttons optimally positioned for easy operation, promising a great shooting experience.
(2) Premium image quality achieved with the newly-developed high-performance lens combined with the latest image sensor and image processing engine
- Using optical technologies developed through the industry-leading “FUJINON lenses,” including lenses for cinema cameras, Fujifilm has newly developed a prime lens with the focal length of 23mm (equivalent to 35mm in the 35mm film format) and the maximum aperture of F2. The lens, specifically designed for the X100V using two aspherical lens elements, delivers edge-to-edge sharpness in high resolution and high contrast.
- The X100V uses the back-illuminated 26.1MP “X-Trans™ CMOS 4” sensor and the “X-Processor 4” high-speed image processing engine. They are combined with Fujifilm’s unique color reproduction technology, refined for over 80 years, to produce “memory colors,” i.e. vivid colors exactly as you remember.
(3) Evolved “Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder” in pursuit of the photography style of “shooting through the viewfinder”
- The X100V features the world’s only “Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder,” allowing you to instantaneously switch between the optical viewfinder (OVF), which captures your photo subject exactly as it is, and the electronic viewfinder (EVF), which reflects exposure and other shooting conditions as you make adjustments.
- The EVF uses a high-resolution 3.69-million-dot organic EL panel. It boasts the maximum luminous intensity of 1500 candelas and high contrast to display even intricate details in highlights and shadows when in the EVF mode, providing enhanced immersiveness in photography.
- In the OVF mode, the viewfinder offers the Electronic Rangefinder function to display a small EVF window at the same time. The feature has been developed to bring out the maximum viewfinder potential, allowing you to capture your subject as it is while enlarging the focusing area in the small EVF. This function provides added convenience when taking snapshots.
(4) Expanded array of shooting functions
- The use of the latest algorithm enables the camera to realize fast and accurate phase-detection AF at the minimum luminance of -5EV, which is close to pitch darkness. The performance of Face and Eye AF has also been improved. The Focus Limiter function, which limits the range of focal lengths for using AF, assists a smooth shooting experience with AF.
- The X100V offers a total of 17 Film Simulation modes to provide versatile tonal variations. You can enjoy a high contrast finish with three-dimensional definitions with the “CLASSIC Neg” mode, which simulates color negative film traditionally chosen for snapshots of day-to-day scenes. The “ETERNA” mode, which simulates the colors and tonality of Fujifilm’s motion picture film, allows you to record video in subdued colors and rich shadow tones.
- The X100V also has the “Grain Effect” function for reproducing distinctive graininess seen in photographs taken with film cameras. You can adjust size and strength settings to control the degree of grain strength and coarseness.
- The camera is capable of recording smooth 4K video at 30fps. In the Full-HD modes, video can be recorded at even smoother 60fps for premium video quality.
(5) Various optional accessories for expanding photographic enjoyment
- The use of the adapter ring “AR-X100” and the protection filter “PRF-49” makes this camera dust and moisture resistant so that you can enjoy shooting in light rain or dusty outdoor conditions with peace of mind.
- Two conversion lenses are available to alter the camera’s focal length without compromising its optical performance or f-stop value, further broadening photographic pleasure.
- ① Wide conversion lens “WCL-X100 II”
Mounting this conversion lens widens the focal length by 0.8x to 19mm (equivalent to 28mm in the 35mm film format), perfect for landscape photography.
- ② Tele-conversion lens “TCL-X100 II”
Mounting this conversion lens extends the focal length by 1.4x to 33mm (equivalent to 50mm in the 35mm film format), ideal for portraiture taking advantage of a natural perspective.
- ① Wide conversion lens “WCL-X100 II”
- Use the genuine leather case “LC-X100V” to achieve a premium appearance. You can insert or remove a memory card or a battery while the camera is in the case.
Pre-order for FUJIFILM X100V is available from now until 16 February 2020. With pre-order free gifts included 1 unit X series shutter button, 1 unit 32GB Ultra SD Card, 2 units NP-W126S battery, 1+1 year extended warranty and 1 unit of PU Leather Strap, total worth of free gifts is RM 1,453.