Kuala Lumpur (25 September 2014) – Microsoft Devices Group today announced the availability of the Lumia 830 and Lumia 735 in Malaysia at RM1399 and RM999 respectively. The two Lumia devices, running the latest Windows Phone 8.1 operating system, bring industry-leading imaging technology to more affordable price points.
- With a slim design, the Lumia 830 is an affordable flagship that delivers high-end innovations such as optical image stabilization and PureView imaging to more people.
- The Lumia 735 combines a slim, vibrant style with powerful performance to create an uncompromised smartphone experience. Alongside 4G LTE connectivity, the Lumia 735 provides outstanding personalization brought by Windows Phone 8.1.
“With the announcement of Lumia 830 and Lumia 735, it’s an exciting time for Lumia smartphones in Malaysia,” said Bruce Howe, General Manager, Microsoft Mobile Devices Sales for Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei. “Our strategy is to help people do more with stunning products that unite and showcase the best of Microsoft’s digital work and life experiences. These fabulous Lumia devices combine powerful Microsoft services such as Skype, Microsoft Office and One Drive with amazing innovations in design and imaging to showcase best of Microsoft’s experiences at an affordable price.”
Lumia 830: the affordable flagship
The Lumia 830 offers the best of Lumia and the latest from Microsoft, in a pocket-friendly design and price.
- The Lumia 830 captures high-quality images and videos, day or night, with a 10-megapixel PureView camera with ZEISS optics, Rich Recording and the thinnest optical image stabilization system to date on a Lumia.
- It delivers the best of Microsoft with pre-loaded Microsoft Office Mobile; the latest version of Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim; and OneDrive with 15 GB of free storage, allowing content to be synced and shared easily.
- It comes with flagship Lumia innovations such as integrated wireless charging in a sleek and light aluminum and polycarbonate design.
Lumia 735: Built for Skype and selfies
- With wide-angle, front-facing cameras and a slim, pocketable style, the Lumia 735 let people easily capture and share more.
- The front-facing, wide-angle, 5-megapixel camera is great for Skype video calls, letting people share more of the world around them or bring more family and friends into a call.
- Plus, with the integration of one-tap Skype video call access during voice calls, people have even more ways to share their stories, no matter where they are.
The Lumia 830 and Lumia 735 are expected to be available in Malaysia on 3rd October. The Lumia 830 will be available in a range of colours including bright orange, bright green, black and white and the Lumia 735 will be available in bright orange, bright green, dark grey and white.
Golden Screen Cinemas App
In conjunction with the launch of Lumia 830 and Lumia 735, Microsoft Devices and Golden Screen Cinemas (GSC) also revealed the GSC app for Windows Phone 8.1. The newly announced GSC Mobile App will enable users to book movie tickets and manage their bookings with ease from their Windows Phone.
“A cinema goer’s experience begins with the first touch point during ticket booking. With the Windows Phone gaining popularity, we were keen on developing a GSC Mobile app on this platform to give our users a seamless ticket booking experience,” said Heng Beng Fatt, Deputer General Manager, GSC. “The new mobile app will debut with a host of exciting new features such as payment through credit cards, convenient showtimes listing and the utilization of Live Tiles, where users can get an instant glance on the latest movie screenings at GSC. We are confident that movie-goers can enjoy a more seamless ticket booking experience with the new GSC Windows Phone App.”
Consumers can expect a more seamless experience with the introduction of these brand new features:
- Payment through credit cards
- Convenient showtimes listing
- Booking information on Live Tiles
- Option of using the Movie posters as your lock screen image
- Mobile wallet integration
- Updates in the notification centre
- Voice recognition enabled search for booking movie tickets
The GSC Mobile app (Windows Phone) will be available in October via Windows Phone Store.