Malaysia (April 2014) — D-Link International Pte Ltd, one of the world’s largest suppliers of networking products, launches the newest DAP-1665 Wireless AC1200 Access Point. Supporting the new wireless AC standard, the device allows homeowners to extend a secure wireless network throughout their home for greater coverage and faster speeds than the previous N standard. This means quicker delivery of music and HD movie streaming, and gaming, making it the best for home entertainment. The access point also comes with multiple operation modes to meet a variety of networking needs.
Five operation modes for different networking needs
The DAP-1665 can be configured to operate in several modes, allowing you to customize it to your networking requirements.
- Access Point mode – this allows the device to as a central hub for wireless users, giving them access to the home’s existing wired network.
- Wireless Client mode – this enables the DAP-1665 to connect to another access point, allowing for network and Internet access to a remote wired device such as a gaming console or media centre.
- Bridge mode – this allows users to create high-speed wireless links between two wired networks, doing away with the need to install additional cables.
- Bridge mode with Access Point – this adds the functionality of a wireless access point to a bridged network, so wireless clients can access data on both networks
- Repeater mode – this extends the wireless coverage of the existing network to cover hard-to-reach spots at home
High-speed connections for all data needs from email to gaming
The access point uses the latest 802.11ac wireless technology, and is capable of delivering combined speeds of up to 1200 Mbps over its two bands that can be used simultaneously. The 2.4 Ghz band has speeds of up to 300 Mbps and works well for web surfing, email and chat. The lower-interference 5 GHz is perfect for video streaming, file transfers, gaming and network bridging.
The device also supports wired connections, with a Gigabit Local Area Network (LAN) port that enables data speeds of up to 1000 Mbps. This means that all Gigabit-compatible wired devices can also benefit from the high speeds of the newest wireless AC standard, and are not slowed down by lagging speeds when it comes to watching movies online or online gaming.
Full wireless security for data safekeeping
The access point provides users with 64/128-bit WEP encryption and WPA/WPA2 security to ensure that network and wireless data is protected. Supporting Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), the gadget can quickly, easily and securely set up a wireless network for home use. In addition, it also features Media Access Control (MAC) address filtering and a disable-Service Set Identifier (SSID) broadcast function that limits outsiders’ access to one’s wireless network, keeping data safe. The device also features a Kensington security slot that protects it against theft.
*Actual Data Throughput may vary depending on network and environmental factors.
The new D-Link DAP-1665 Wireless AC1200 Access Point is available at all authorized retailers and resellers.