(January 7, 2014) – Panasonic, an industry leader in reliable and innovative mobile computers since 1996, today, at the 2014 International CES, introduced the latest member of its Toughpad ™ family of rugged, enterprise-grade tablets. The Toughpad ™ FZ-M1 is the lightest* and thinnest* fully-rugged 7’’ Windows tablet available today.
The tablet runs Windows 8.1 Pro, on an Intel® Core™ i5 processor, making it easy to integrate into enterprise and government environments. The Toughpad ™ FZ-M1 has multiple configuration options enabling it to be customized to meet the unique needs of highly mobile professionals in various markets such as field services and sales, retail, supply chain and logistics and government.
“With nearly 20 years of experience in the rugged mobile computing space, Panasonic Toughbook understands that the large portion of the mobile workforce require tools they can depend on in challenging conditions to get the job done without compromise,” said Mr. Satoshi Mizobata, Director of Toughbook Asia Pacific Group. “The Toughpad FZ-M1 is built with these workers in mind. Its portability, power, connectivity and configuration options, and sheer toughness make it the ideal tablet to connect mission-critical workers with the data they need to do their jobs at any time.”
The Toughpad ™ FZ-M1 is designed to improve productivity and efficiency in a host of professional scenarios, including customer service, inventory management and asset tracking, maintenance, eForms, route delivery, eCitations, electronic medical records, inspections, mobile point-of-sales and Geographic Information System.
In addition, the Toughpad ™ FZ-M1 is built for easy integration into existing IT infrastructures, and designed for smooth deployments and on-going support. Unlike consumer tablets and other competitive products, the device also delivers organizations with better and longer life cycle management that means a lower total cost of ownership and increased return on investments through time and resource savings.
The Toughpad TM FZ-M1 is powered by the new fourth generation Intel® Core ™ i5 vPro™ processor, providing enterprise-class performance on the go with unique hardware enhanced security features, remote manageability and capabilities designed to increase end user productivity and data protection. An Intel Celeron® processor model** is also available for cost-sensitive applications.
Its user-replaceable battery delivers eight hours of uninterrupted work, with quick-charging technology that reaches 100% capacity in just two hours. An optional high capacity battery delivers 16 hours of power, and an optional hot swap bridge battery enables users to switch out batteries without powering down the device, providing for virtually unlimited use.
Thin, Light & Rugged
At 1.3 lbs. and only 0.7” thin (Depending on options), the Toughpad TM FZ-M1 is the world’s lightest and thinnest* tablet in its class. Its fully-rugged design is certified to meet MIL-STD-810G for drops (up to 5 feet), shock, vibration, altitude, humidity and extreme temperatures. The Toughpad ™ FZ-M1 is the first 7-inch Intel® Core™ i tablet with a fanless design*, allowing it to meet IP65 standards for rain and dust. The tablet has also been submitted for ANSI 12.12.1 certification (Class1, Div2) for use in incendiary environments.
Display Designed For Mobile Workers
The Toughpad TM FZ-M1’s 7’’, 500nit, sunlight readable WXGA display features anti-reflective and anti-glare screen treatments, making it ideal for outdoor use. Its high-sensitivity capacitive, 10-points multi-touch screen can even be used with thick industrial-type gloves.
Like the rest of the Panasonic Toughpad TM line, the Toughpad TM FZ-M1 offers numerous configuration options allowing organizations to customize the ideal tool for their workforces. Configuration options for the Toughpad TM FZ-M1 include dedicated GPS; Ethernet or serial port; near field communications (NFC), SmartCard reader, barcode reader, UHF radio-frequency identification (RFID), or magnetic stripe reader and stylus.
Toughpad TM FZ-M1: Key Features
- High-Performance Processing Power: New Fourth generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor or an Intel® Celeron™ processor model**
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit with Windows 7 Professional downgrade option available
- Durability: MIL-STD-810G, 5’ drop, IP65 fully sealed fanless design
- Screen: 7’’ daylight viewable WXGA display (1280×800); high-sensitivity 10-points capacitive multi-touch input
- Storage & Memory: 128GB SSD (256GB SSD option available) with 4 GB RAM (Intel® Core™ i5 vPro option) or up to 128GB eMMC with 2 GB RAM (Intel® Celeron™ processor option)
- Connectivity & I/O: Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth® v4.0 (Class 1), USB 3.0, micro SDXC card slot, docking connector. Other options include dedicated GPS; Ethernet or serial port; near field communications (NFC), SmartCard, barcode, UHF radio-frequency identification (RFID), or magnetic stripe reader
- Lightweight Portability: 540g., 0.7” thin (Depending on options)
- Battery: 8 hours per MobileMark® 2007 testing (user-replaceable); optional hot swap bridge battery and high capacity battery (16 hours) available
- Camera: 720P built-in front camera with microphone; 5MP rear camera with auto focus and LED light (8MP option available)
- Security: Enterprise-class security features include encryption, IPsec VPN, trusted boot, root protection and mobile device management (MDM) tool compatibility
- Warranty: The Toughpad TM FZ-M1 is backed by the industry’s most comprehensive 3-year warranty
As with other Toughpad ™ models, Panasonic will offer a full set of enterprise-grade accessories to support the Toughpad ™ FZ-M1, including cases, mounts, printers, keyboards and multi-unit storage and charging solutions.
Pricing and Availability
The Toughpad TM FZ-M1 will be available in Malaysia by Spring 2014. All Toughpad™ tablets can be purchased through authorized Panasonic resellers. For further information, please visit www.panasonictoughbook.asia
All products in the Toughpad TM family come standard with the industry’s most comprehensive 3-year warranty.
* World’s lightest and thinnest fully rugged 7-inch tablet as of January, 2014
* First 7-inch Intel® Core™ i tablet with a fanless design as of January, 2014