Kuala Lumpur (September 19, 2013) – With the industry’s largest Ethernet fabric install base of more than 1,400 customers worldwide and 400,000 Brocade® VDX® switch ports shipped to date, Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) is furthering its leadership by announcing a number of significant advancements to its VCS® Fabric technology and Brocade VDX switch portfolio, including new VCS fabric capabilities that provide native multitenancy, storage-aware networking and 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) performance for the most demanding data center environments. Brocade has also unveiled the industry’s most complete, end-to-end blueprint for delivering scalable data center multitenancy, from the server to the WAN.
- Multitenancy Blueprint: A Guide for Simplified Deployment
- The most complete end-to-end blueprint for delivering multitenancy at scale from server to WAN.
- VCS Virtual Fabric: A Simple, Network-based Approach to Multitenant Scale
- Provides an alternative to overlay networks for multitenancy at scale; VCS Virtual Fabric uses proven, standards-based network segmentation techniques—making it easier to incorporate this new capability into the network with zero learning curve.
- Offers a highly evolutionary approach to multitenancy that minimizes disruption to current operational and organizational models.
- Is hypervisor-agnostic.
- Supports cloud orchestration frameworks through open APIs.
- VCS AutoQoS: Extending VCS Fabric Intelligence to Storage
- A new VCS fabric capability that automatically recognizes and prioritizes storage traffic, greatly reducing capital and operational costs.
- New top-of-rack switches: Brocade VDX 6740 family of 10/40 GbE switches
- VCS Virtual Fabric support in the new Brocade VDX switch ASIC.
- 40 GbE to 160 GbE trunks offering the industry’s highest uplink capacity in a leaf switch.
- 32 Flex Ports (Fibre Channel/Ethernet/FCoE) providing flexibility and investment protection.
- 24 MB deep buffers with Dynamic Buffering.
- ASIC support for OpenFlow 1.3.
- Support for 10 GbE and 10GBASE-T.
- In addition, Brocade announced a new 100 GbE line card for the flagship Brocade VDX 8770 modular chassis.
Pricing and Availability
The Brocade VDX 6740 and VDX 6740-T are available for order now. U.S. list price starts at $15,995 ($833/10 GbE port). The Brocade VDX 8770 100 GbE blade is planned for availability in the first half of 2014. Brocade networking solutions are available direct, through Brocade channel partners and via Brocade Network Subscription.