Today Lenovo unveiled its new version of the ThinkSmart Manager conference room solution that was announced in December in Malaysia, adding new functionality to a tool that helps IT administrators keep meeting rooms as a highly productive space.
ThinkSmart Manager is a transformative tool designed to help businesses drive better communication and collaboration in the workplace, empowering IT and operations teams with a way to evolve the workplace itself. It gives admins the power to deploy, manage and monitor all of their Lenovo ThinkSmart meeting room devices from one place, enabling full visibility into device status.
By enabling bulk restarts and updates, ThinkSmart Manager makes device deployment quicker and easier for IT admins, reducing the need to perform individual deployments. Admins can also check status and uptime, conduct automatic issue detection, and solve problems proactively. Over time, they can optimize and refine conference room setups, paving the way for greater organizational productivity.
As office spaces are redesigned with health and safety in mind, IT teams need tools that help them enable and support a distributed and hybrid workforce. Collaboration technology tools remain at the heart of user productivity and engagement, but these tools need to be supported, often remotely.
ThinkSmart Manager delivers a single console remote management utility to ease the burden on IT admin staff by minimizing local high-touch service of devices and ensuring ThinkSmart collaboration technology continues to operate with high availability. This tool helps support the use of select ThinkSmart devices including the ThinkSmart Hub 500, Hub, Cam, Bar, ThinkSmart Edition Tiny and supported Logitech™ peripherals.
What’s new in ThinkSmart Manager 2.0?
New features and updates include:
- A single-state dashboard of in-meeting analytics for Microsoft Teams Rooms
- The addition of a mobile app for iOS™ or Android™ devices allowing IT admins to access ThinkSmart Manager from their phone where they can check device status, and receive push notifications with a dashboard view of deployed services
- Visibility into both device status (ok/error) and state (online/offline/in meeting)
- The ability to create and send team notifications within ThinkSmart Manager without having to switch to email.
- Bulk claiming via simple CSV file upload so that IT admins can register all devices at once upon receipt instead of having to physically register in each conference room, saving them time and energy, especially on large campuses where rooms are spread out.
- Additional new Premium features, including:
- Summary at-a-glance dashboard with easy-to-read pie chart views of state, status, type of room as well as people counting, room utilization, devices in-meeting, and data export
- Time-saving bulk restarts by specific device, location or capacity groups; the ability to set multiple policies by location; enable, disable rules
- The ability to create and send emails to notify team members by specific device and peripheral
- Alerts if a peripheral is disconnected from the device
- Single pane of glass: one integrated view of ThinkSmart Manager 2.0 and Logitech Sync, making it compatible with TAP, Meet-up, Rally, and Swytch products
- New from purchase, end-to-end license lifecycle management – IT admins can view licenses created in their organization and apply them to devices.
Another new aspect of ThinkSmart Manager 2.0 is the introduction of service options. While customers used to get just one year free, they can now opt to use the free version or upgrade to the Premium version via subscription to increase capabilities as required.