Garmin Malaysia launches Forerunner 55, an easy-to-use running GPS smartwatch
Garmin Malaysiatoday announced the Forerunner® 55, an easy-to-use GPS smartwatch designed for fitness enthusiasts of all and diversified skill levels to track their stats and achieve personal fitness goals. A simple press of a button introduces users to a variety of features such as daily suggested workouts, additional built-in sports applications, detailed running data and much more.
The Garmin Forerunner 55® is unveiled jointly with the annual Global Running Day where the sport is celebrated through encouraging beginners to make a life-changing commitment to running and transforming their fitness for the better. New users can expect a preface to tracking their time, distance, speed, pace and heart rate data right off the smartwatch.
“To appeal to a large range of athletes and running enthusiasts, the Forerunner 55® is built as a simplified running watch with easy to navigate features, ”said Mr. Scoppen Lin, Director, Garmin Asia. “It presents both informative and digestible data in a way that can help new runners as well as seasoned athletes analyse, plan and reach their respective goals.”
This easy-to-use GPS smartwatch is designed for people of all skill levels to track their stats and chase their fitness goals.
- Built-in GPS tracks how far, how fast and where a user runs.
- Wrist-based heart rate provides data all day and night.
- All-day activity tracking counts steps, calories, sleep and more
- Daily suggested workouts take the guesswork out of training by offering personalized run workouts tailored to the runner’s training history, fitness level and recovery time.
- Garmin Coach training plans offer on-screen guidance from expert coaches and free 5K, 10K or half marathon training plans that adapt based on a runner’s goals.
- Safety features allow runners to send messages with their locations to family and friends
- Take your training to the next level with advanced running features
The Forerunner 55® offers runners the following tools to take their training to the next level.
- PacePro provides guidance to help runners tailor their efforts to a selected course or distance.
- The finish time estimator lets athletes select a run distance and view their estimated finish time right from the wrist.
- Cadence alerts let runners know when they’ve gone outside their target cadence range, helping to improve their running form.
- For those looking to switch up their workout routine, the Forerunner 55 features several built-in activity profiles, including track or virtual running, pool swimming, Pilates, HIIT and more.
- Following a workout, the built-in recovery time informs users on how long to rest before their next big effort.
Stay on top of your health and wellness all day.
Featuring a wide array of health and wellness features from Garmin Firstbeat Analytics™, the Forerunner 55® is intended to be worn 24/7. Athletes can track their stress and set relaxation reminders to do short breathing exercises, use the Body Battery™ energy monitor to track energy levels to find the best times for activity and rest, and gain insights into when and how intensity minutes are earned throughout the day. Additionally, women can track their menstrual cycle or pregnancy and log symptoms, receive exercise and nutrition education and more through the Garmin Connect™ app.
Connect with friends and fellow runners.
The Forerunner 55® includes popular connected features to help athletes stay in touch. Directly from the wrist, users can receive text messages and view social media updates, emails and more. Built-in assistance and incident detection let users manually or automatically send a message with their real time location to emergency contacts. The Forerunner 55 will also automatically upload activities to Garmin Connect and allow athletes to download custom watch faces, data fields and apps from the Connect IQ™ Store.
Sporting a large display size of 1.04’’ 208 x 208 pixels, the Garmin Forerunner 55® is a lightweight (37g) device designed with a sleek finish. The screen is sunlight-visible with transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) and is easy on the eyes when working outdoors and indoors. The Forerunner 55® features up to two weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 20 hours in GPS mode for a hassle-free experience.
Price and Availability:
Get more runs and workouts in between charges with the Forerunner 55®. It is now available in black, grey, white or aqua and with a suggested retail price of RM 960.00 on Lazada, Shopee, AECO e-store and all Garmin authorised retailers. For more information on the entire Forerunner lineup, visit garmin.com.com.my/minisite/forerunner.
For additional information on the Garmin Forerunner 55®, please visit here.