LG VELVET: Aesthetic and Tactile, designed for Today’s Mobile Experience
LG VELVET, the company’s most visually stunning handset to date, ushers in a new era of elegant, user-centric design, seamlessly integrating LG’s most innovative multi-media features for truly memorable 5G user experience. With VELVET, LG is introducing its new, nature-inspired design language, boasting smooth, polished surfaces and distinctive elements that set it apart from its peers.
In a departure from the usual square camera bump, with multiple lenses tightly packed together, LG VELVET sports a vertically aligned “Raindrop” camera. The harmonious arrangement is composed of three lenses and a flash, positioned in descending order of size to evoke the image of falling raindrops. New 3D Arc Design delivers beautifully symmetrical front and rear edges and gently curved corners, creating a sleek, flowing form factor that fits perfectly in the hand and is pleasing to the touch. Four expressive colors* – Illusion Sunset, Aurora White, Aurora Gray and Aurora Green – in a premium, glossy finish gives LG VELVET a unique personality and individual sense of style.
Whether it’s watching movies, streaming TV, and gaming or listening to tunes, users will enjoy the enhanced detail and realism of LG VELVET’s 6.8-inch, 20.5:9 aspect ratio P-OLED Cinematic FullVision display. And continuing LG’s legacy of superior smartphone audio, LG VELVET offers powerful stereo speakers for an immersive sound experience. What’s more, LG 3D Sound Engine utilizes artificial intelligence to automatically analyze and optimize all audio content.
LG VELVET features all the multimedia tools users have come to expect and love about LG phones. The device features a 16MP camera up front and a 48MP main, 8MP wide and 5MP depth sensor on the back for capturing every moment in astounding quality. It inherits the popular Voice Bokeh feature from the V60, for clear outdoor recordings even in the presence of loud ambient noise. Vividly capture even the tiniest sound with ASMR Recording and two built-in high-sensitivity microphones. 4K Time-lapse also has been improved with the new Timelapse Control that can automatically adjust recording speed consistent with the subject’s movements and also allows users the freedom to adjust the recording speed themselves.
To ensure users get the most out of 5G service, LG VELVET features Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon™ 765 mobile platform. Produced using the latest 7 nanometer process, the 765 includes Qualcomm’s second-generation Snapdragon X52 modem to provide all the key features customers want without the extra bulk. The new processor delivers the added benefit of boosted performance when using LG Dual Screen for twice the fun, twice the productivity. LG VELVET and Dual Screen also support compatible active pen input for comfortable note taking and sketching when a finger just isn’t precise enough.
“We’re excited about LG VELVET, not just because it is an exceptional 5G smartphone, but because of the unique value it presents through our new design language,” said Chang Ma, senior vice president of product strategy at LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “With a singular design that fits perfectly, and feels great in the hand, LG VELVET is an individual’s phone that will appeal to the unique sensibilities of today’s consumers who are looking for something a little different.”
LG VELVET will be available in South Korea starting this May followed by major markets in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia. Additional details will be announced locally closer to the time of availability.
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 765 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.8-inch 20.5:9 FHD+ P-OLED Cinematic FullVision (2,460 x 1,080 / 395ppi)
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 128GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear: 48MP Standard† (F1.8 / 0.8μm / 79˚) / 8MP Wide (F2.2 / 1.12μm / 120˚) / 5MP Depth (F2.4 / 1. 12μm / 81˚)
- Front: 16MP Standard (F1.9 / 1.0μm / 73˚)
- Battery: 4,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 10
- Size: 167.2 x 74.1 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 180g
- Network: 5G / LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.1 / NFC / USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Compatible)
- Biometrics: In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- Colors: Illusion Sunset, Aurora White, Aurora Gray, Aurora Green*
- Others: Stereo Speaker / AI CAM / Google Lens / Google Assistant / LG 3D Sound Engine / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / HDR10 / Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 4+ Technology / MIL-STD 810G Compliance / LG Pay / FM Radio
LG Dual Screen
- Display: 6.8-inch 20.5:9 FHD + P-OLED Cinematic FullVision (2,460 x 1,080 / 395ppi)
- Cover Display: 2.1-inch Mono
- Size: 174.4 x 84.6 x 14.4mm
- Weight: 129g
- Display Contact Type: USB Type-C
- Folding Type: 360 Freestop Hinge
- Color: White, Gray