Digi launches COVID-19 Aid crowdfunding initiative to support medical frontliners
Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd (Digi) today introduced its first Yellow Heart crowdfunding initiative with the COVID-19 Aid campaign. The initiative is aimed at enabling Digi customers to join in the cause to collect funds in support of the Ministry of Health (MOH) and frontline healthcare workers as they fight the COVID-19 pandemic. Digi customers can easily contribute on the MyDigi app, a feature-rich self-care mobile app that offers customers convenience and great rewards.
The Yellow Heart COVID-19 Aid campaign complements Digi’s existing RM1 million contribution to the GLC Disaster Relief Network (GDRN) coalition to support the MOH in addressing the COVID-19 crisis. It will run for four weeks, and all proceeds will be used to acquire medical equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies required for hospitals involved in stemming Covid-19 across Malaysia, as guided by MOH.
Digi’s Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Joachim Rajaram said that the Yellow Heart COVID-19 Aid campaign was founded in the spirit of #DigiCares, to provide a way for Digi to partner with customers to make a difference during this crisis.
“Digi joins the rest of Malaysian in expressing our deepest gratitude and respect to the medical frontliners who have been working tirelessly to care for COVID-19 patients, while putting their own lives at risk. We believe many of our customers are looking for ways to help during this time and channeling their generosity through MyDigi’s easy and secure platform, giving them the peace of mind that their funds are being channeled properly and directly to the intended recipients. While we stay home, we can all still do our part to protect our fellow Malaysians on the frontlines with the urgent medical supplies they require.”
A secure platform for customers to channel their generosity
Interested Digi customers can donate anywhere between RM2, RM5, RM10 and RM20 per transaction on the MyDigi app by purchasing the Yellow Heart COVID-19 Aid pass. The donation campaign is open exclusively to Digi customers, where customers are limited to purchasing only one pass per denomination. This means, you can only donate each amount one time, with a total donation of RM37 per customer.
In order to donate, customers just need to follow these simple steps:
- Launch the MyDigi app or download it via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Under the Rewards section, select the Yellow Heart COVID-19 Aid Campaign Card
- Choose your preferred denomination pass: RM2 / RM5 / RM10 / RM20
- Click “Confirm”
- You will receive a confirmation for each successful transaction
- The donation pass will be reflected in the MyRewards tab
For Digi Postpaid users, donation pass purchases shall be reflected in their bills according to their billing cycle, while for Digi Prepaid users, the purchased amount will be deducted from their available credit immediately.
Customers can learn more about the COVID-19 Aid campaign here, and also be privy to the journey of generosity via a tracker on the website showing the total amount of funds and donors who have contributed to-date.
The Yellow Heart COVID-19 Aid is the latest of Digi’s efforts to support fellow Malaysians during this time. Other initiatives to keep customers connected include:
- A dedicated network and IT team working around-the-clock to maintain network and connectivity service levels
- Additional network coverage and capacity at critical locations and sites
- Zero-rated access to critical service hotlines and trusted websites that provide COVID-19 information
- Keeping customer channels such as retail stores and customers service support accessible
- Free daily 1GB high-speed internet for prepaid and postpaid & broadband
- Free access to and special offers for education platforms such as Jomstudi through EasyAdd
- Free Covid Cover insurance for first 200,000 customers
- Special value offers for broadband and digital solutions such as altHR and OMNI for businesses
- For more details on the above, please click HERE
Be part of the Yellow Heart Crowdfunding Initiative at www.digi.com.my/yellow-heart/covid-aid.