Digi keeping customers connected with priority on network availability and support
Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd (“Digi”) has implemented a list of initiatives to assist related government agencies on services needed to address the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, and to help customers stay connected with their social, learning and work life during this time.
Digi is classified as an “essential service” (telecommunications) under the Government’s Movement Control Order (“MCO”), and we have mobilised our dedicated team to work around the clock to ensure network and connectivity service levels are maintained. At the same, we are providing to consumer and business customers some additional benefits to keep them connected to the things that matter most.
Maintaining availability of network services
Digi’s first priority is to maintain the high availability and quality of our network to ensure connectivity remains accessible for all, especially at residential areas, data centres, customer touchpoints, and more. We continue to invest where needed, and have teams working 24/7 during this MCO period to maintain sites, upgrade capacity, and improve coverage. This is to ensure the network is resilient in anticipation of heavier traffic from people staying and working from home. We continue working closely with the authorities to enable our teams to carry out rectification and upgrade work required to ensure service network availability is not compromised during this period.
Deploying and providing network coverage for critical areas identified by the government
We are working closely with the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (“MCMC”) and the industry to fulfill requests for additional connectivity support related to mission critical services. This includes offering added network coverage and capacity at locations such as hospitals, relief centres, police stations, key government offices, and connectivity for medical practitioners, enforcement personnel, and other parties in the frontlines of stemming the Covid-19 crisis.
Timely dissemination of information to all
To ensure Malaysians are well informed with vital information on Covid-19, we are working with authorities to disseminate health, emergency, and public interest announcements via daily SMS broadcasts to our customers. We have zero-rated the following critical service hotlines and websites for customers: Ministry of Health’s (“MOH”) Crisis Preparedness Response Centre (CPRC), MOH state branches, identified Covid-10 screening and admitting hospitals, the MCO hotline, and MOH’s official website (see complete list here). We believe we all have a role to play to ensure Malaysians heed the call of the government to stay home and follow instructions provided by the authorities.
Keeping service channels open to serve customer needs
To keep customers connected during this time, we are focused on ensuring accessibility to our services, stability of vital mobility tools and added benefits to help our customers.
- Our offline and online customer service channels continue to be available during this time.
- MyDigi app or web service and Digi Online Store are 24/7 digital self-service channels.
- Customer Care hotline, Live Chat and Social Media platforms continue to be staffed 24/7.
- Customers can perform transactions at alternative locations such as convenience stores, mini marts, hypermarkets, e-wallets, online banking and ATMs, and at Digi Kiosks.
- Updates on opening of stores will be made available here as we await further direction from authorities.
- Customers can get factual, up-to-the-minute Covid-19 and connectivity information via a comprehensive depository on community.com.
Added benefits for customers focused on learning, connectivity and productivity
- As schools around the country are closed this period, school children can supplement their learning with the following services:
- Free 24/7 data access to national curriculum resources on our digital learning hub, my, starting next week.
- One-month access to SPM and UPSR curriculum on Classruum for only RM1. This can be subscribed on our MyDigi app.
- Starting now till 31 March 2020:
- Digi Prepaid and Prepaid Broadband customers will enjoy additional internet and calls with every reload of RM10 and above.
- Digi Postpaid and Postpaid Broadband customers will enjoy additional 1GB daily to be used between 8.00am to 6.00pm. This can be redeemed via MyDigi app.
- More information on these offerings can be found here.
- Our business continuity booster programme covers essential connectivity and turnkey services to help businesses stay productive over the next three months. Starting next week, Digi Business customers enjoy additional:
- Free 2GB of data monthly, added to their existing data quota.
- Up to 600min of calls to twice the number of countries in Asia and globally.
- Digi Broadband now comes with shorter contracts of between 3 to 6 months and zero upfront investment for devices, providing a lot more data for employees needing access from home.
We are actively monitoring the Covid-19 situation and continue to work with the relevant parties to quickly implement new measures where needed in the interest of our customers, businesses, and the country. We urge Malaysians to heed the call of the authorities to stay home, and we also want to thank all medical personnel and frontliners who continue to place the nation first during this time.
For more information, visit www.digi.com.my.