Shell Malaysia kicks off MotoGP Celebration through a Rider Meet and Greet session with Jorge Lorenzo
Shell Malaysia hosted a rider meet and greet session for motorsports enthusiasts and welcomed the three-time Motorcycle Grand Prix (MotoGP) World Champion, Jorge Lorenzo in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Fans and biking enthusiasts were able to greet him and interact with him during the session.
FIve-time World Champion Jorge Lorenzo has taken three of those crowns in the premier class – in 2010, 2012 and 2015. Graduating to MotoGP after back-to-back 250cc World Championships, Lorenzo was on pole for his first MotoGP race in 2008 and set a new lap record, before winning his third GP at Estoril in his rookie year.
The Shell Malaysia MotoGP 2018 is happening this weekend from 2 – 4 November at the Sepang International Circuit, and there will be plenty of fun-filled activities for the entire family. If you haven’t already purchased your tickets, the Shell Hillstand tickets are still available at selected Shell stations and also during the race weekend. The Shell Hillstand offers one of the best views of the race tracks, a wide variety of food and beverages, and family-friendly activities for all.
Fast Facts About The Motorcycle Grand Prix 2018
- The MotoGP World Championship is the oldest, most iconic and exciting championship in motorcycling. This motorsport is hosted in 16 countries worldwide.
- Shell’s relationship with Ducati began in 1999, where the two joined forces to contest in MotoGP World Championship together. Since then, they have accumulated over 150 race wins to date, making it one of the strongest and most successful collaboration in the world of premier motorcycle racing!
- Ducati chooses Shell products on and off the track. All new Ducati road bike that leaves its factory in Bologna, Italy are powered by Shell V-Power and protected by Shell Advance oil.
- Shell has been the title sponsor of the Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix in nine (9) of the past ten (10) seasons since 2009.
- Shell MotoGP 2018 will be featuring the Shell Hillstand for the second consecutive year. Along with two large LED screens broadcasting a live feed of the race, the Hillstand offers clear views of the track. Beyond that, guests at the Hillstand will be greeted with a series of family-friendly activities and a wide array of food and beverages to choose from.
- Shell is debuting the first-ever mobile fuel dispenser for visitors to fuel up with Shell V-Power Racing during the Shell Malaysia MotoGP race weekend; and offering a Shell Advance Ride Thru service for bikers to give their engines complete protection with Shell Advance. Bikers can enjoy a complimentary oil change with every purchase of Shell Advance lubricant at the event.
For more information, please visit here.
Gadgets, Photography, Automobile, Lifestyle