eGG Network launches Esports Talent Initiative for University Students
eGG Network today launched Alliance of Campus Esports (ACE), an initiative to develop esports professionals among local university students. By partnering with industry experts, universities, sponsors and the National Sports Council of Malaysia, eGG Network aims to organise training workshops and tournaments for university students, as well as on-ground activities at campuses.
- The National Sports Council of Malaysia will work alongside eGG Network through ACE to provide training to students, ensuring they get the proper knowledge to becoming a professional athlete.
- ACE will be organising on-ground activities at Management & Science University (MSU) campus in Shah Alam from 23 to 24 October and Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC) campus in Setapak from 27 to 28 November.
- Esports teams in universities can look forward to Mobile Legends and Dota 2 tournaments under the ACE Championship.
- The ACE Championship will function as the university qualifiers for Malaysia’s national selection of esports athletes.
- The ACE Championship regular season will start on 6th October, culminating in the on-ground playoffs in December 2018. What makes ACE Championship unique is students will be given the opportunities to be key members of the organising team.
Quotes from the spokesperson:
- Lee Choong Khay, Chief of Sports, Astro“As one of the pioneer of esports platforms in Malaysia, eGG Network sees that many esports enthusiasts are university students. Their passion goes beyond gaming, they want to be in the esports industry. They are hungry for opportunities to learn from the experts and they want to make their mark in this fast growing and exciting industry. We hope that ACE will open doors for our budding esports talent.eGG Network appreciates the strong support for ACE from the National Sports Council of Malaysia, MSU, TAR UC and our sponsors – KFC, DU Recorder, Tamago, Thermaltake and Illegear.”
For more infomation, visit ace.egg.network.