Break FREE with iflix
iflix, the world’s leading entertainment service for emerging markets today announced the launch of iflix 3.0, an all-new look and feel to Malaysia’s favourite entertainment platform, with new features and content available to users across the country for free. That’s right, everyone’s favourite four letter ‘F’ word – FREE!
iflix fans now have choice on how they want to get their fix:
The all new iflix FREE service, makes many of iflix’s most popular and exclusive programs and features available to users in Malaysia completely for free.
WHAT YOU GET
- Movie of the Day – a fresh, new movie every single day.
- iflix Snacks – bite-sized videos that are easy to consume (Snacks to consume, get it?!) With 50 new videos added daily, users can now snack on an outstanding library of short-form content including:
o QYou, Complex Media, with many more to come very soon;
o Local programs from popular local content creators from around our regions;
o Localized formats of global hits, including the incredibly popular series Hot Ones and many others;
o Studio2:15 iflix Originals, Caraoke Drift, Gila Gamerz, Boleh Binge and more.
- Football Malaysia on iflix, For the first time ever, every Liga Super, Piala FA, Piala Malaysia, Piala Sumbangsih match is available live on the all new ‘Football Malaysia on iflix’ channel, offering users virtual front row seats to unlimited matches and tournament action.
- The Feed – Goodbye FOMO. Refreshed constantly, users can now scroll endlessly to discover what’s fresh and hot (from exclusive interviews with celebs, new episode drops and recommendations and much more). There’s always something fresh on The Feed.
- Exclusive regional and international TV series, including The Grand Prince, My First Love, Poroporo, Tayo the Little Bus and more.
- Promotional episodes and pilots from premium current and marquee TV series and films across key genres, including Good Behaviour, Man vs Wild, Freakish, Expelled, Spongebob Squarepants and Korean smash-hit sensations Goblin, Descendants of the Sun, My Secret Romance, Legend of the Blue Sea, Bride of Habaek and many more.
- iflix Originals – exclusive, premium original programs including:
o Upcoming action-packed series, KL Gangster: Underworld, spun off from the cult Malaysian movie;
o Raw and uncensored stand-up comedies, Oi! Jaga Mulut, and Jon Atherton: Disoriental;
o Coconuts TV on iflix, a bold original docu-series uncovering the underbelly of Asian subculture.
- Download & Watch Offline – users can download their favourite programs to enjoy offline – on a plane, out of town or in a cave surrounded by bats.
Everything on iflix FREE is completely free for all users regardless of their subscription status. With a vast selection of local, regional and international TV shows, movies and Free-to-Air channels, iflix FREE offers users one of the largest libraries of hand-picked, quality content, completely free of charge.
Level up if you want! Those wanting even more premium content, can unlock iflix VIP – the same iflix that subscribers have grown to know and love, for a small fee in several wallet-friendly/sanity-saving payment options. iflix VIP comes with everything in iflix FREE plus:
- More premium LIVE sports including more Football Malaysia, T10 Cricket League, 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, English Premier League, Olympics, NBA action and much more.
- LIVE special events including the hottest local, regional and international concerts and competitions.
- No ads ever – for uninterrupted playtime.
iflix Group Co-founder and CEO, Mark Britt said: “Three years ago we set out to create a world class service with the world’s best content that was accessible to everyone in emerging markets, with iflix FREE we are much closer to achieving that goal. Now, no fan gets left behind. iflix FREE is a version that’s available to you as a user for free, always. You’re ‘Free to stay, free to play’ for life.”
Country Manager for Malaysia and Brunei, Diana Boo added: “We are thrilled to now offer consumers across Malaysia a lifetime of movies, television, live sports and events, news and snackable content for free on iflix. This launch is a testament to our continued commitment to offer users the best entertainment experience possible, on a service created just for them, completely on their terms.”