Schneider Electric launches IoT Platform for Business and Industry Customers to Support Malaysia’s Industry 4.0 Plans
Kuala Lumpur (26 May 2017) — Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, today in Malaysia introduced a next generation, open and interoperable EcoStruxure™ platform that features innovation at every level. The platform will help customers in buildings, grid, industry and data center sectors implement large-scale, robust and integrated IoT-enabled solutions for sustainable, safe, reliable and efficient operations in the digital age.
Soo Pow Leong, Country President of Schneider Electric Malaysia explained: “EcoStruxure’s timely introduction to the market will support Malaysia’s National IoT Strategic Roadmap, which aims to create RM42.5 billion in gross national income beyond 2020. It will also support the upcoming strategy of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) for Industry 4.0, which is expected to help Malaysia’s economy generate RM2 trillion within the next 7-8 years, creating new jobs and developing talent.”
“Schneider Electric has deep domain expertise and portfolio of tested core solutions for buildings, grid, industry and data center customers and the EcoStruxure™ platform extends our capabilities. We can now help customers efficiently integrate the operational and information technology, receive the key data and analyse it locally to enable smart and profitable operations with insight on the premise or over mobile devices for better risk mitigation from anywhere”, he added.
In addition, Schneider Electric Malaysia today also announced its EcoXpert Partner Program for Malaysia, through which it will work with partners in the country to develop talent, create deep skills in the field of IoT and create locally-relevant IoT solutions for the business sector and industry customers.
The program, which local companies such as TMS Energy Sdn Bhd and Naluri Merpati Sdn Bhd have already joined, is a worldwide network of partner companies that have been trained and certified by Schneider Electric. They have strong skills in the areas of building control, power management and energy efficiency and will offer local expertise and support to address the specific needs or challenges of the shared customers in Malaysia, in an effort to maximize the benefits from IoT-enabled solutions.
Innovation at Every Level: Advanced Platform Capabilities
EcoStruxure™ leverages the advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity technology to meet the core customer challenge of implementing IoT solutions seamlessly, cost-effectively and at scale. The platform provides a secure, IoT-enabled technology backbone with three core technology capabilities:
- Embedded connectivity and intelligence that enables smart sensing, embedded computing, IP networking and data analytics at the edge that allows for monitoring on premise or remotely.
- The infrastructure for cloud-connected digital services that enables the delivery of cloud-based connected apps, analytics, services, control and monitoring
- A foundation for connected operations to serve as the building blocks for better control, management, automaton and optimization.
EcoStruxure™ is the Product of Schneider Electric’s Expertise and Pioneering History
The redefined IoT platform is the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of interoperable cloud-connected and on-premise technologies organised around its three layers of technology innovation:
- Connected Products – The first layer builds on Schneider Electric’s core competency in developing connected products with embedded intelligence – such as sensors, medium and low voltage breakers and actuators, that are intelligent and transmitting actionable data.
- Edge Control – This second layer gives organizations the critical capability to manage their operations on-premise and from the cloud, depending on their needs. This includes connected control platforms with remote access, advanced automation and operator override capabilities. Local control and firewall protection is included to maximise the benefits especially for mission-critical applications.
- Applications, Analytics & Services –EcoStruxure™ enables the most extensive breadth of vendor-agnostic apps, analytics and services on open IP protocols in order to work with any hardware, system, or control.
Innovation at Every Level: Technology and Consortium Collaboration
Flagship technology companies enabling the next generation of EcoStruxure™ include:
- Microsoft: Schneider Electric leverages the Microsoft Azure cloud platform to deliver its digital services, apps and analytics and to rapidly scale public, private and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Intel: Schneider Electric leverages Intel’s technology to power its sensors and devices, networks and the cloud.
New partnerships are also continually emerging with specialized technology providers like Zuora and global industry leaders like Panasonic, both of which further enable the delivery of new technology, new services, new business models, and more service-oriented value for customers.