All Astro customers can now enjoy Astro GO, free
Kuala Lumpur (30 March 2017) — Astro today announced that all its customers will have free access to Astro GO (previously known as Astro on the GO) app as part of their existing subscription. The enhanced Astro GO was relaunched on a new user interface which is sleeker and intuitive to use with more relevant and personalized content surfaced for each individual viewer.
As an added sweetener, from 1 April to 31 May 2017, all Astro customers who have registered and linked their Astro GO account can enjoy free viewing* of all TV channels and on demand content on Astro GO regardless of their package take up and entitlement. Non-Astro customers who download the new Astro GO app will also have access to selected Astro channels during this period. As a special treat, all registered and linked Astro GO users can watch “La La Land”; a drama film featuring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone for free via on demand from 25 April to 31 May 2017.
*with the exception of Pay Per View and Premium ala carte sports
Liew Swee Lin, Chief Commercial Officer of Astro said, “The positive response to Astro GO with over 3 million downloads, underscores the growing appetite of Astro customers for greater flexibility and control in how they prefer to watch TV; via any smart device be it their smartphone, laptop or tablet via our new Astro GO app. We remain focused on continuing to grow our customer reach through content recommendations on Astro GO which are predicated on deep viewership insights built from real time viewing behavior, preferences, topical trends and social sentiments. Today, all our customers can enjoy 71 channels, 23,000 on demand titles from around the world via Astro GO, anytime, anywhere”.
Astro GO app has recorded 3.2 million downloads and 1.1 million registered users. More significantly, viewing time on Astro GO has increased three-fold from less than 60 minutes in its initial launch to 215 minutes per week per user today.
Key Features of Astro GO
- A sleek and smart user interface to enhance viewing experience and simplify navigation. This includes the ability to filter content according to language or genre, and even to sort from A to Z or based on downloadable or recently released content.
- HD viewing on all Sports and Korean channels.
- Personalised Recommendation feature which is powered by deep machine learning as well as predictive analytics to automatically surface content that is personalized and more relevant to our Astro Go viewers.
- Simplified Home-Tab Bar (Home, Sports, Channels, On-Demand, Settings) for a more intuitive discovery of favourite channels and content.
- The ‘Download2Go’ feature which allows users to download the desired movies to be viewed offline without requiring an internet connection or incurring additional data usage.
- Improve mobility so that users can now move room to room in their house, and view Astro from any connected devices when they are on the move.
Future innovations for Astro GO would include additional features such as; up to four concurrent user logins for each Astro account; a casting feature for users to cast their favourite programmes from a handheld device onto the big screen without the need for a HDMI cable.
Astro is the Home of Sports for all Malaysians with 16 Sports channels and with the new Sports Control feature to be introduced soon, sports fan will be immersed with watching their favourite sports programmes and never miss any move. They can playback, zoom in and out via the multi angled-camera, access to fixtures, video highlights, news, player rankings and league tables.
New Channels Exclusive to Astro GO
Astro GO has recently offered three more exclusive channels — Comedy Central for comedy fans; K-PLUS for those who have a never-ending appetite for Korean’s hottest drama series; and ANIPLUS for the latest Japanese anime and pop culture.
Aside from the three new exclusive channels, we further expanded our library by adding on Celestial Movies, Nickelodeon, DIVA, AXN, and KIX to Astro GO’s already extensive offering of on-demand content.
The new Astro GO app is available for immediate download for Android and iOS devices. Alternatively, users can also experience this new update via the website at www.astrogo.com.