Epson disrupts Business Printing with Cost-Slashing ‘RIPS’ Technology
Kuala Lumpur (26 October 2016) — Epson has announced the launch of the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-R8591 printer, which utilises high capacity ink packs that can hold a far higher volume of ink compared to traditional ink cartridges using its Replaceable Ink Pack System (RIPS), and can help to drastically slash printing costs for businesses.
With a full set of 4 ink packs, the WF-R8591 is able to provide up to 75,000 pages of uninterrupted printing in both black and colour, without replacing the inks. The RIPS system provides the ease-of-use of a cartridge-based system, combined with the high volume printing of an ink tank system, and is a simple yet innovative new way for businesses to save on printing costs.
The high page yields and extremely low cost per page of the WF-R9591 can help businesses significantly minimise running costs when compared against a laser printer. For the same amount of printing that the WF-R8591 delivers in a single print cycle before refilling its ink packs, a laser printer would require 52 standard toner cartridges. The high volume of printing it is able to deliver for each print cycle also reduces downtime with less frequent supplies replacement cycles.
Furthermore, the WorkForce Pro WF-R8591 requires less use of consumables in its running operations. It only requires four ink pads and one waste ink box for printing, unlike a laser printer which utilises four toners, four PCUs, one fuser and one waste toner box, which can help to bring costs down further, and generates less waste to the environment.
A key differentiator of the Epson WF-R8591 is its impact to the environment. The Epson WF-R8591 consumes less energy than a laser printer as inkjet printers do not use heat in the printing process. The Typical Electricity Consumption of the Epson WF-R8591 is 0.6kwh, which is approximately 88% lower in power consumption compared to a comparative laser printer.
The low energy consumption, coupled with the minimization of waste from the reduced use of consumables, results in reduced carbon dioxide emissions of up to 95% less compared to laser printers.
The Epson WF-R8591 is driven by Epson’s PrecisionCoreTM printhead technology, enabling it to print very high volumes and at high (ISO) speeds of up to 24ipm, at default resolutions of 600 x 600 dpi for both black and colour without needing periodic replacement, unlike the thermal inkjet printheads of competitors.
“The Epson RIPS demonstrates how Epson is always innovating and staying ahead of the curve in this competitive world of high-quality printing,” says Danny Lee, General Manager, Sales & Marketing, Epson Malaysia. “RIPS may sound simple on the surface but the technology is anything but. Customers, who continue to demand the best through our latest proprietary Micro Piezo-based PrecisonCore printheads, can count on the Epson to deliver high performance, high volume and high-quality printing but at a cost effective, environmentally friendly way to meet their most demanding needs.”
- Epson PrecisionCore Printhead – PrecisionCore printheads are a new generation of Epson’s proprietary Micro Piezo high-performance piezoelectric printheads, with the number of nozzles increased to 400 for higher density. High-speed, high definition printing is made possible through expanding the printable area in a single pass in both monochrome and color printing.
- Flexible, expandable paper handing – The WF-R8591 comes with the standard 831 sheets and can be upgraded with additional paper cassettes to support up to 1,831 sheets input capacity. Papers of different sizes and types can be placed in the different cassettes for automatic selection based on document size or copy originals. In addition, a cabinet can be added for convenient storage of additional paper and spare consumables.
- One-pass duplex ADF scanner – The scanner has a 50-sheet ADF and is equipped with dual CIS sensors for scanning of double-sided documents with a single pass for scan, copy or fax.
- DURABrite Pro Pigment Inks – The WF-R8591 uses a new pigment ink set known as DURABrite Pro that was specially developed for business use. The inks are waterproof, smudgeproof, and are highlighter-resistant with less bleed-through. The inks are also tamper-proof and are suited for printing and safe-keeping of important documents.
- Comprehensive Connectivity – Comprehensive connectivity options include USB 2.0, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, as well as Wi-Fi Direct that allows up to four devices to connect directly to the printer at a time without the need for a router. It also allows its network settings to be remotely changed using the EpsonNet Conﬁg web based management interface.
- Epson Connect – The WF-R8591 supports Epson Connect, a suite of mobile printing solutions that enables wireless printing and scanning directly from mobile devices.
- Full Security features for enterprise use – Prevent unauthorised usage of the printer with IP address filtering or up to 10 user accounts with Limit Access Function. Prevent confidential documents from being accessed by unauthorised personnel with Secured PIN Release.
- Print job management – Print Job Arranger Lite allows users to merge multiple print jobs and change print settings such as double-sided printing, orientation, colour mode and multi-page layout up to 4-up.