Introducing the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL
Kuala Lumpur (15 December 2015) — Microsoft Malaysia has officially launched the phone that works like your PC – the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL – at an exclusive event for the media, partners and fans today. These are the newest flagship devices to join the Lumia portfolio and are first to run on Windows 10.
The company also announced their latest partnership with Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd (Digi) to launch a unique and comprehensive range of phone plans that bundle the two most productive smartphones on the planet – the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL – to business professionals in Malaysia.
The Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL were chosen as they run on Microsoft’s latest operating system – Windows 10 – therefore delivering a familiar and consistent experience that extends across one’s Windows devices, in addition to having a wealth of innovative feature such as Continuum (the ability to turn your phone into a big-screen projector and a big-time productivity tool with the use of a Microsoft Display Dock) and Windows Hello beta (the ability to unlock the device with the use of an iris scanner).
Elaborating on the announced partnership with Digi, Michal Golebiewski, Chief Marketing and Operations Officer, Microsoft Malaysia said, “More and more people are now experiencing the new and more personal computing experience through Windows 10. With 110 million devices now running on Microsoft’s operating system, we are creating even more opportunities for Microsoft Lumia to take that innovation to the next level. This partnership with Digi marks the start of an exciting new venture as we build upon the unique experiences that Windows 10 offers for today’s busy business professional.”
Jon French, General Manager, Microsoft Mobile Device Sales (MMDS) Asia Pacific echoed Golebiewski’s sentiments. “We designed Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL for people who want the most productive smartphones running on the most productive operating system,” he said. “Business professionals who want a premium phone that can work like a PC now have the perfect partner for their Windows devices in Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL. With full Windows 10 and features like Continuum for phone, it’s easy to do more than ever from your phone whether you’re in the office, at home or on the road. These are the phones that Windows fans and business professionals in Malaysia have been waiting for: powerful, productive, performance-driven, unique and innovative.”
Landmark Digi partnership set to empower every person and every organization to achieve more
This partnership will see Digi offering the following plans:
In addition, Digi will be also offering a special bundle for the upcoming Microsoft Lumia 550 – the most affordable 4G LTE Microsoft Lumia smartphone. This will be available at the end of December 2015. For more information please visit Digi’s SmartPlan for Business website.
“We are confident that by combining the most productive smartphones on the planet with the fastest and widest connectivity coverage in Malaysia, we are empowering every person and every organization to do more and achieve more,” said Loh Keh Jiat, Chief Sales Officer, Digi. “Having the widest 4G LTE footprint, our customers and other business professionals are always connected with Digi. Partnering with Microsoft enables us to enhance our business offering, providing greater value to our customers with a device that’s built on the premise of productivity.”
Interested customers can visit Digi’s page here for more information on the range of mobile line plans that bundle the two flagship Microsoft Lumia devices.
About the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL: The phone that works like your PC
Combined with stunning HD displays, new PureView cameras with 20 megapixel sensors and triple LED natural flash that shoot 4K video, as well as the latest in processing power, the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL represent the very best in innovation.
- The Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL are the first Lumia phones to come pre-loaded with Windows 10 – delivering on our promise of one familiar and consistent experience that transitions seamlessly across Windows devices from key apps like Office built-in to access to all your stuff via OneDrive and the cloud.
- Both the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL feature Continuum for phones, enhanced by the optional Microsoft Display Dock accessory. This Windows 10 feature allows people to use their phone like a PC by connecting it to a monitor and transforming it for larger-screen entertainment, or adding a keyboard and mouse to work like a PC with Windows 10 apps like Microsoft Office, while simultaneously taking calls or performing other tasks.
- As the latest premium handsets, these phones boast superior performance. Both devices feature a QuadHD AMOLED display featuring up to 564ppi, which means photos, videos and even simple reading show up well, even in sunlight.
- And Microsoft’s PureView technology is built into both Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL cameras, boasting a 20MP sensor and triple LED natural flash. The camera captures the perfect image, even in the most challenging conditions, and those photos can be automatically synced across all Windows 10 devices with the Windows Photo app and shared easily with friends and family.
- To make this all possible, both phones also have the latest-generation Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processors to get these things done faster.
- More information and device specification on the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL can be found at their respective links here: http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/phone/lumia950/ and http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/phone/lumia950-xl/
Available starting today for both consumers and businesses
The Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL are now available for pre-order via the Microsoft Online Store on Lazada at a recommended retail price (“RRP”) of RM2,699 and RM2,999 respectively. The first 100 customers to purchase either one of the two devices can walk away with the Microsoft Display Dock worth RM309.
On 18 December, consumers can visit select Microsoft Authorized Resellers and participating Microsoft Mobile Resellers to test out and purchase the most productive smartphones on the planet.