AMD Radeon ushers in a New Era of PC Gaming with Revolutionary HBM Technology
Kuala Lumpur (1 July 2015) — AMD today ushered in a new era of PC gaming, unveiling its line of next-generation AMD Radeon™ graphics cards. The AMD next-generation graphics cards mark a technology turning point in PC gaming, bringing super high resolutions, exceptional VR experiences, smoother gameplay, support for new, advanced APIs like DirectX® 12 and Vulkan™, and groundbreaking form factors to gamers everywhere through a top-to-bottom line of GPUs that fit virtually every need and budget.
Radeon™ R9 Fury series graphics – Don’t just upgrade. Revolutionize.
- Revolutionary inside – and out – The most advanced and innovative GPU ever created for the enthusiast market, the AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X GPU represents a paradigm shift in GPU design in the chip previously codenamed “Fiji”.
- Innovative technology. Making beautiful memory – The AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X GPU brings to market the highest GPU memory bandwidth ever, pioneered by a consortium led by AMD, High-Bandwidth Memory (HBM) integrated on-chip delivering 60% more memory bandwidth over GDDR5 along with unprecedented 4096-bit memory interface. The Radeon™ R9 Fury X GPU delivers more than 3x the performance per watt of GDDR5 in 94 percent less PCB surface area, producing ultra-enthusiast-class performance in a mere 7.5” (19cm) board.1,2,3
- Premium design. Bright lights. Big Intensity. – The AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X GPU’s state-of-the-art, premium industrial styling features black-nickel aluminum exoskeleton and soft-touch aluminum plates, high-caliber liquid cooling, customizable GPU Tach activity meter that measures GPU utilization and LED illumination that highlights design details for the finishing touch.
- Redefine Reality. – The AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X GPU is the definitive VR solution, designed to deliver exceptional performance in the most demanding VR games and applications, while benefitting from AMD LiquidVR™ technology to enable the most comfortable VR experience and compatibility across a wide range of head-mounted displays.9
- The best 4K gaming experience. Enjoy the View. – The AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X GPU takes gaming to the next level, boasting 4096-bit high-bandwidth memory interface that not only meets but exceeds the extreme performance requirements for the most demanding 4K games for stunning performance in 4K resolutions and beyond8 with image quality settings turned up, smooth gaming with AMD FreeSync™ technology10, and is ready for the future with support for next-generation multi-threaded APIs including DirectX® 12, OpenGL® 4.5, Vulkan™ and AMD’s Mantle.4,5,6
- Enabling new PC form factors. Small Size. Giant Impact. – The incredibly compact design of AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X GPU opens the door for new and exciting PC form factors, with more design flexibility for modders, DIYers and System Integrators than ever before. The AMD Innovation Lab’s recently unveiled Project Quantum prototype PC illustrates the point, making use of Radeon™ R9 Fury X GPUs to reinvent desktop computing for the VR era, enabling form factors never imagined before.
- A new family of the world’s first HBM-powered GPUs – The AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X, which is the world’s first HBM-powered graphics card (previously codenamed “Fiji”), is scheduled for availability starting June 24th. The AMD Radeon R9 Fury, with both liquid- and air-cooled options, is slated for availability starting July 14th. The deceptively small (6” in length), category-creating AMD Radeon R9 Nano is scheduled to follow in Q3 2015. AMD also plans to bring to market this fall a flagship Radeon Fury product for very smooth 4K gaming and VR that is based on two “Fiji” GPUs.
Radeon™ R9 300 series graphics cards – Designed for your survival
- The DNA of 4K gaming – AMD Radeon™ R9 300 series GPUs deliver stunningly powerful graphics for unparalleled 4K gaming experiences in their class. Supporting the latest gaming technologies including Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)11 for quality that rivals 4K, even on a 1080p display, AMD CrossFire™ multi-GPU technology7, and next-generation APIs including DirectX® 12, OpenGL® 4.5, and Vulkan™, Radeon™ R9 300 series GPUs are the perfect gaming solution for beyond HD.5,6
- Making the virtual world real – AMD Radeon™ R9 300 series GPUs are designed for VR, taking advantage of AMD LiquidVR™ technology to deliver a comfortable, low-latency VR experience that harnesses multiple GPUs to drive the highest possible frame rates.9
- Smooth, tear-free gaming – AMD Radeon™ R9 300 series GPUs harness AMD FreeSync™ technology10 to help eliminate tearing and stuttering in single screen gaming, or using in multi-display Eyefinity configurations.12
Radeon™ R7 300 series graphics cards – Strike first…and last.
- Made for Online Gaming Supremacy – AMD Radeon™ R7 300 series GPUs are the optimal choice for online gaming and eSports competitors, effortlessly delivering greater than 60 fps gaming performance at 1080p or 1440p, ultra-settings, in popular online games.13,14 Enjoy exceptional image quality using Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)11 for quality that rivals 1440p with a 1080p display and expand the field of view in 1080p gaming using AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology.12
- Battle-Ready for what’s next – AMD Radeon™ R7 300 series GPUs are optimized for next-generation APIs including DirectX® 12, OpenGL® 4.5 and Vulkan™ for the most advanced gaming experiences possible.5,6
- Leading-edge performance and capabilities – Gamers can benefit from the latest features and performance improvements in AMD Catalyst™ drivers, one-click game optimizations in the AMD Gaming Evolved client, and rest easy knowing their GPU is ready for Microsoft® Windows®
“With our next-generation Radeon™ graphics line-up, AMD is enabling a spectrum of innovation that can benefit all gamers. Exceptional performance, ground-breaking VR capabilities, new and dynamic form factors, premium industrial design, exceptional experiences in 4K, all built to excel in today’s games and tomorrow’s that harness forthcoming APIs like DirectX® 12 and Vulkan™. This really is a new era in PC gaming, and along with our software and hardware partners around the world, AMD could not be prouder to bring these graphics cards to gamers,” said Matt Skynner, corporate VP and general manager, Product, Computing and Graphics Business Unit at AMD.
“DirectX® 12 represents an exciting new era of gaming performance, flexibility and image quality for Windows based devices,” said Kam VedBrat, Group Program Manager, Graphics for Microsoft. “Today we join AMD in celebrating the unveiling of AMD Radeon™ R7 and R9 300 series GPUs, AMD’s third generation of DirectX® 12-ready products ready to deliver incredible gaming with the Graphics Core Next architecture.”
Radeon™ R9 300 series GPUs and Radeon™ R7 series GPUs is scheduled for select etailer availability on June 18. The AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X GPU is planned to be available on June 24 from select add-in card suppliers, including (insert final list of AIBs). Partner participation will vary by region.
For more information, visit www.amd.com.
Gadgets, Photography, Automobile, Lifestyle