Nikon Unveils AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED
KUALA LUMPUR (12 SEPTEMBER 2014) – Nikon Malaysia Sdn Bhd is pleased to announce the launch of the new AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED, a compact and lightweight, 20mm*1 ultra-wide angle lens with f/1.8 maximum aperture to offer photographers the ability to creatively showcase the world around them and create memorable images.
The optical system has been designed based on the latest technologies, delivering superior rendering capability even when combined with a high-pixel-count camera body. The 20mm*1 ultra-wide angle focal length enables image expression by enabling the photographer to capture widely spread scenes, or offering new perspectives with blurred background images.
“The AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED gives photographers an impressive opportunity to capture the world around them with a fresh perspective,” said Garland Mak, Deputy General Manager of International Marketing Division Imaging Group, Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd. “The minimum focus distance of 0.20m allows for up-close portraits where subjects noticeably stand out from the background. Leveraging the 20mm*1 ultra-wide viewing angle, photographers can bring natural beauty to life as the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED is ideal for shooting sceneries and landscapes.”
AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED Primary Features
1. Creative Perspective
- See the world anew: The ultra-wide angle offered by the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED broadens the photographer’s perspective, enabling them to capture unique shots, even in limited spaces. The wide viewing angle and f/1.8 aperture makes the 20mm*1 lens ideal even for indoor shooting.
- Beautiful bokeh: A very shallow depth of field at the maximum aperture of f/1.8 provides for photographic expression. Beautifully blurred pictures can be taken, even in dark indoor environments, while it is also possible to shoot close-up shots to a minimum focus distance of 0.20m.
2. Evolved Design
- Advanced optical design: The latest optical design technology ensures high resolution and superb reproduction of point images while minimising chromatic aberration, enabling the photographer to deliver clear, well-defined images.
- Impressive clarity and accuracy: The adoption of Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces ghost and flare for a clear depiction and crisp images.
- Quiet and portable: The AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED is compatible with a wide range of 77mm screw-on filters and is designed with portability and quiet operation in mind. The compact and lightweight design ensures it is easy to carry to shoots. It also employs a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for quiet yet smooth autofocus (AF) operation.
1When used with a Nikon DX-format digital SLR camera, the effective angle of view is equivalent to that of a lens with a 30mm focal length in 35mm  format.