Nikon Launches The D750
KUALA LUMPUR (12 SEPTEMBER 2014) – Nikon Malaysia Sdn Bhd is pleased to announce the launch of the new D750, the smallest and lightest Nikon FX-format camera*1 to deliver incredible image quality in an ideal package of enriched features. The D750 enables the freedom of photographic expression with sought-after functionalities of built-in Wi-Fi®*2, tilting monitor, 24.3 megapixels, 91K-pixel RGB sensor, and outstanding high-speed continuous shooting rate of approximately 6.5 frames per second*3 for both FX- and DX-format, all fitted into a slim and durable body.
The innovative D750 challenges the common assumption that the higher a DSLR’s specifications, the bulkier it becomes. The D750 includes revolutionary technologies designed to offer a strong, lightweight camera without compromising image quality. Its powerful FX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 image-processing engine are packed into a monocoque structure framed by carbon fiber composite material (new material*4), and magnesium alloy to provide nimble durability while producing beautiful, balanced shots. Aimed at a discerning audience, the D750 is a superior camera with similar full-scale features and performance as those in the high-end range to offer photographers the room to expand their capabilities and evolve their skills.
“With a 24.3 megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor, built in Wi-Fi®*2,cutting-edge engineering, and superior maneuverability, the D750 provides everything a photographer needs to create and share incredible images in a single device,” said Garland Mak, Deputy General Manager of International Marketing Division Imaging Group, Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd. “The D750 is synonymous with a crafted perfection of an ideal FX-format camera in its minimal weight and frame accompanied by compelling features for the closest true-to-life imaging experience.”
D750 Primary Features
1. Rich image quality paired with exceptional technology
- Stunning output quality: The 24.3 megapixel CMOS sensor combines with ISO sensitivities. An effective ISO range from 100 to 12800, also expandable from Lo 1 (ISO 50 equivalent) right up to Hi 2 (ISO 51200 equivalent), is achieved through enhanced performance of image processing to offer images with minimal noise regardless of ambient light.
- Powerful image processing: The EXPEED 4 image-processing engine delivers stunning shots, boosting image superiority over its predecessor. Enhancements include improved noise reduction performance at high ISO sensitivities, as well as upgraded depth and clarity in gradation rendering.
- Smooth, cinematic Full HD video: The D750 offers the capability to record Full HD movies in 1920×1080/60p (59.94 fps) format with minimal jaggies or moiré to offer a smooth, clear movie. A new movie shooting menu and “highlight display” function are also designed to make it easier for the videographer to achieve a refined, high-quality video regardless of environment. A multi-area mode also provides support for DX-format NIKKOR lenses, offering users flexible movie expression. Additionally, improved audio performance helps ensure the sound is as good as the image.
2. Outstanding functionality and performance for precision
- Fast, enhanced autofocus: A high-speed, highly accurate 51-point autofocus (AF) system employs a new AF sensor module that enhances low-light performance (down to -3EV), making it possible to shoot using AF in dark environments where it is impossible to focus with the naked eye. A Group-area AF mode also works to detect moving subjects with incredible accuracy, ensuring crisp, well-focused shots.
- Intuitive features: The D750 offers high-speed continuous shooting at approximately 6.5 fps*3 (in FX/DX format) with a highlight-weighted metering function that helps prevent overblown highlights. A Spot White Balance function also makes it easier to capture accurate, balanced images quickly and easily by acquiring preset manual data of white balance during a live view.
- Clear, accurate display on a vivid wide-viewing angle monitor: It is possible to set the color balance on the clear, bright 3.2-inch monitor with a wide viewing-angle (170° horizontally or vertically), to suit the user’s preference. An Advanced Scene Recognition System that utilizes the compact 91K-pixel RGB sensor helps with focusing and metering accuracy of the subject, and an optical viewfinder with 100% frame coverage makes it easier to line up the perfect shot.
3. Incredible Flexibility
- Light, strong structure: The D750 is the first Nikon FX-format camera to adopt a monocoque structure, eliminating the rear body. The camera employs carbon fiber composite material (new material*4), for the front body and cover, and magnesium alloy for the rear and top covers to reduce weight and increase durability.
- Designed for usability: A new internal layout is optimized to allow sufficient space for enhanced maneuverability with comfortable grip ensuring secure handling while minimizing the overall size. A tri-axis hinge on the monitor tilting mechanism also enables the screen to tilt up to approximately 90 degrees and down to 75 degrees, maintaining a rugged and lightweight design. The monitor is always positioned in the center of the camera to make it easier to compose shots, while also providing a more intuitive view to shoot from various angles.
4. Additional versatility and functionality
- Rapid uploading via Wi-Fi®: With a built-in Wi-Fi®*2, instant uploading of high-quality images to devices is enabled for an efficient workflow. The Wireless Mobile Utility application, available as a free download for the iOS and AndroidTM operating systems, enables a seamless transfer of images from the D750 to any compatible smart device of choice. The D750 also features the support for wireless image transfer with the optional Eye-Fi card.
- Double SD card slots: The D750 packs double SD memory card slots to enable “Overflow” recording, “Backup” recording, separate RAW/JPEG recording and shooting, and even copying between slots.
- Rich gradation with Picture Control: The Nikon D750 also features a new “Flat” Picture Control option to apply a more natural effect and enable the camera to acquire maximum subject information. Lost highlights and shadows or color saturation can be effectively suppressed even after image adjustment, achieving rich gradation in both brightness and color.
5. Complementary High-performance Accessories
- Powerful flash compatibility: The D750 also offers support for the Nikon Creative Lighting System, which provides a range of flexible flash and lighting options for compatible flash units to offer even more creative control in the hands of the photographer.
- Wireless remote control: The WR-1 and WR-R10/WR-T10 Wireless Remote Controllers are supported, as is the UT-1 Communication Unit and WT-5 Wireless Transmitter combined with a compact FX-format model that is ideal for a companion camera.
- Broad range of lens options: The D750, as an FX-format camera, features support for selected NIKKOR lenses and accessories, opening up a new world of creative options for enthusiast photographers.
1 Among cameras with a built-in flash and movie functions.
2 Assuming no interference; range may vary with signal strength and presence or absence of obstacles. Wireless Mobile Utility must be downloaded onto a smart device (compatible with iOS/AndroidTM) to use the Wi-Fi function. Wireless Mobile Utility can be downloaded for free from the appropriate application store. The built-in Wi-Fi feature is not compatible with Camera Control Pro 2.
3 With shooting of JPEG-format images, excludes shooting of FX-format images at an image quality setting of JPEG fine and an image size setting of Large (up to 87 shots). Value with shooting in AF-C autofocus mode, [S] or [M] mode, shutter speed of 1/250 s or faster, all other settings at their default values.
4 Sereebo®, which is manufactured by Teijin Limited. This new material, which utilizes carbon fibers, is very lightweight without sacrificing strength or durability. As this material is well suited to use on camera exteriors because its surface is incredibly smooth with no carbon fiber bosses, it is the perfect cover material for cameras with a monocoque body structure.