AMD Announces Major Update
Editor’s Note: AMD releases a major update of the AMD Gaming Evolved Client Powered by Raptor.
This new update, available today, makes heavy use of AMD’s Video Codec Engine (VCE) to provide hardware-accelerated H.264 encoding of video game streaming and capture in the following ways:
- Game DVR: Always-rolling “Instant Replay” capture allows gamers to save anything from 10 seconds to 20 minutes of footage to disk at the touch of a button—even after it’s happened. This feature is perfect for capturing those “omg did that just happen” moments. Great for creating highlight reels and minimizing the editing required to get those reels online!
- TWITCH Broadcasting: AMD Radeon customers now have a fast and simple way to broadcast their gameplay to TWITCH without impacting the performance of their PC. We’re seeing a maximum performance impact of about 3 FPS, and encourage you to test for yourself to see how easy and efficient this feature really is.
- Rolling Recording: Want to play and record everything you’re doing? The GE Raptr app makes it easy, because you can just roll camera and edit the footage later.
- AMD VCE is supported on any recent AMD graphics chip featuring the GCN Architecture, including HD 7000/R9/R7 Series, along with the Kaveri, Kabini, Temash, Beema and Mullins APUs.
- All of these videos can now include webcam overlay and user voice capture, a much-requested feature!
With this update, the GE client now supports VCE-accelerated capture of more than 5000 different games—28x more than GeForce Experience, which is hard-coded to support only 169 games at this time.
The new client also includes the ability to upload and share the captured content within the Raptr community at the touch of a button. Further, the Raptr UI offers one-click sharing to Twitter and Facebook, making it easy to get eyeballs.
As of this update, the AMD Gaming EvolvedClient Powered by Raptr leads the industry with one-click optimization support for 242 Games—43% more than GeForce Experience.
In general, we see this as a “coming of age” moment for the Gaming Evolved app. With 8 millon+ users, the largest game optimization database, and video capture/broadcast support for a library of games that dwarfs GeForce Experience, we’re pretty confident in stating that Gaming Evolved Powered by Raptr is now the best application of its kind.