KUALA LUMPUR (15 April 2014) – Microsoft Malaysia today announced availability of Office 365 Personal, a new consumer subscription offering for Office 365. Designed for the individual, Office 365 Personal allows users to install Office on one PC or one Mac, as well as one tablet device (including iPad) to be connected to the service.
At an annual subscription rate of RM189.99, Office 365 Personal delivers the familiar features of Office in the cloud to subscribers which unlocks user scenarios previously not possible on desktop versions of Office. The new consumer subscription offering suits smaller households or individual users with single PC and tablet devices dedicated for productivity uses.
In addition, Microsoft will continue to offer Office 365 Home Premium subscription for households, now rebranded as Office 365 Home from today. With the same annual subscription rate at RM249.99 per year, Office 365 Home is perfect for households with multiple devices, which allows five PCs or Macs, and five tablets (including iPad) to be connected to the service.
Office 365 Personal and Home usher in a new world of work and play by offering the most complete set of Office applications across multiple devices – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access:
- It works across devices. Office 365 works beautifully with touch, pen or keyboard on Windows PCs, Windows tablets, Macs, as well as Windows Phone, Android and iOS smartphone. Additionally, with Office Online, you can create, read, edit and share your Office docs on any popular device.
- It’s in the cloud. Office 365 is in the cloud, so when you sign in, your documents – and even your personalized settings – are always available wherever you are.
- It’s more powerful than before. Office 365 includes many new features to keep you connected and productive. Powerful new features include: People Card aggregates all your contact information from different sources, including your social networks, in a single place; Read Mode optimizes your documents for reading on a tablet; Last Location lets you pick up right where you left off when using Office across multiple devices; PDF Reflow lets you to use information from PDFs in Office docs; Presenter View gives you a command center for presentations; and Flash Fill eliminates wasteful time spent on data entry.
Office 365 Home and Personal subscriptions give users these additional subscription benefits:
- Additional 20 GB of OneDrive cloud storage.
- 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month for the main account holder – so you can call anyone with a landline in over 60 countries/regions
- All future feature upgrades to Office applications, so that users’ copies of Office are always up-to-date with the latest versions from Microsoft.
By offering Office 365 Personal, in addition to Office 365 Home, Microsoft can now deliver the right Office to a broader range of households–whether it’s an individual or a family of five.
Adding to the demand for Office productivity tools on all devices, Office 365 subscribers can take full advantage of the new Office for iPad announced in March, now available for download at the iTunes App Store. Office for iPad lets users read, view and present documents, spreadsheets and presentations for free. With an Office 365 Personal or Office 365 Home subscription, users unlock the power to edit their documents on-the-go and enjoy the robust capabilities and familiar look and feel that is unmistakeably Office, while enjoying a fantastic touch experience that Microsoft has built from the ground up for iPad. In the first week of launch, there have been more than 12 million downloads of the app.
Customers can buy Office 365 Personal and Office 365 Home at authorised retailers in Malaysia, or via the Microsoft Store at http://www.microsoftstore.com/