Kingston Launches Dual Interface USB
Hsinchu, Taiwan (5 March 2014) − Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the DataTraveler® microDuo. A small form factor combination USB and microUSB Flash drive, DataTraveler microDuo allows consumers to expand the storage of their Android™ tablets and smartphones.
DataTraveler microDuo uses the microUSB port on devices – often used for charging – to expand storage up to 64GB. This is especially helpful as more and more smartphones and some tablets come without a microSD card storage expansion slot. The drive can be used with any USB On-The-Go compatible device and the dual interface allows users to transfer files without plugging into a PC*. Smartphones and tablets shoot hi-res photos and HD video, and with some devices now shooting 4K video, consumers can easily move large files, photos, videos and music off the device to free up space just like a normal Flash drive.
“DT microDuo is a great companion device to mobile phones or tablets as it lets users back up files on the go thus freeing up space, or share files between devices with ease,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “Its sleek design has a built-in key loop and rotating cap, so it is small in size and big on storage. Travelers can take entire libraries of music or videos with them on trips without worrying about filling up the memory on their own device.”
For a list of compatible devices visit www.kingston.com/otg/compatibility. DataTraveler microDuo is available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities and is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit http://www.kingston.com/en/usb/personal_business#DTDUO.
Kingston DataTraveler microDuo Features and Specifications:
- USB OTG (On-The-Go): a standard which enables host functionality in certain phones/tablets with microUSB ports, enabling connectivity to USB devices like Kingston’s DT microDuo
- 2-in-1: microUSB and USB 2.0 connectors for easy transfer of files between smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Plug-and-Play: simply connect as you would a standard USB Flash drive
- Convenient: ultra-small, pocket-sized design for easy transportability
- Capacities**: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 27.63mm x 16.46mm x 8.56mm
- Operating Temperatures: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperatures: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Warranty/support: 5-year warranty with free technical support
*File manager app required for file transfer. Free ES File Explorer available for download on Google Play™.
** Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
Kingston DataTraveler microDuo
|Part Number||Capacity and Features|
|DTDUO/8GB||8GB DataTraveler microDuo Flash Drive|
|DTDUO/16GB||16GB DataTraveler microDuo Flash Drive|
|DTDUO/32GB||32GB DataTraveler microDuo Flash Drive|
|DTDUO/64GB||64GB DataTraveler microDuo Flash Drive|
|Operating System||USB 2.0|
|Windows® 8.1, 8, 7, Vista®, RT||Yes|
|Mac OS X v.10.6.x +||Yes|
|Linux v. 2.6 +||Yes|