Moto G Released In Malaysia
KUALA LUMPUR (16 January 2014) – People all around the world want to be a part of the mobile Internet so they can access the world’s information, share, and connect with the things that matter to them. But the smartphone industry has relegated hundreds of millions of smartphone buyers to second-class status, preventing them from experiencing the mobile Internet at its best.
This is because price-conscious consumers who do not want to pay RM2,000 or more for high-end smartphones have been left with two unfavourable options. The first is to buy cheap, new smartphones made with second-rate technology that do not do justice to modern apps and experiences like navigation, video chat and games. The second is to buy “low cost” versions of premium products that were released two or three years ago and are already obsolete.
Motorola thinks there should be a better option. Everybody deserves to be on the mobile Internet, and price should not stand in the way of anyone having a truly good smartphone to get him or her there.
Today Motorola and Brightstar, one of the world’s largest wireless distribution companies, introduce Moto G to Malaysia. Moto G is a smartphone that delivers a premium experience for a third of the price of current high-end phones.
Moto G includes:
- A brilliant 4.5-inch HD display – the sharpest in its class – which goes edge-to-edge so you can enjoy movies, photos, video chats and more.
- The newest Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 processor featuring a quad-core CPU for seamless multitasking and enjoying the web, videos and games, with all-day battery life.
- Android™ 4.3 Jellybean, the most up-to-date Android software of any phone in its class, with a guaranteed upgrade to Android 4.4 KitKat® in early 2014. No skins to clutter or slow the experience, and great performance with Google’s unbeatable mobile services such as Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Maps™, Chrome and Google Hangouts™.
- Stylish design with a comfortable curved back.
- Dual SIM support gives you the option to use the network that makes sense for who and where you’re calling and texting.
Package, Pricing and Availability
Pre-booking is available exclusively through lazada.com.my from now until 20th January 2014 11:59pm, at a recommended retail price (RRP) of RM698 for the 8GB version and RM798 for the 16GB version. Pre-bookers will get a complementary stylish, black Motorola Flip Shell (worth RRP RM128) and a clear screen protector (worth RRP RM18). The Flip Shell adds color while protecting the screen.
Moto G will be officially available for sale through major wireless operators, major retailers, consumer electronics stores and lazada.com.my from 21st January 2014 onwards. Every Moto G purchased after 21st January 2014 will come with an additional Motorola Shell (worth RRP RM78) and screen protector (worth RRP RM18).
Moto G owners also get an extra 50GB of Google Drive storage free for two years to safely keep and share photos, documents and other files (that’s on top of the standard 15GB). That’s a total of 65GB! With that much space, you can securely store up to 7,000 music files, up to 14,000 pictures taken with your Moto G camera, or up to 500 HD video clips recorded on your phone. Offer must be redeemed within 30 days of activation.
For retail listing and product specifications, visit www.brightstarcorp.com.my.