Kingston's USB 3.0 For Personal Security
Hsinchu, Taiwan (8 January 2014) − Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the DataTraveler® Locker+ G3 (DTLPG3) USB 3.0 Flash drive for personal security during the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nev. Kingston will showcase exciting new products and technologies coming this year and hold the live final competition for Kingston Dota 2 and HyperX OC Takeover contest during the 2014 CES.
Kingston’s DataTraveler Locker+ G3 password protects and hardware encrypts data giving consumers the best in personal security with USB 3.0 speed. The DTLPG3 boasts higher speeds than the previous generation DataTraveler Locker+ G2, with read speeds up to 135MB/s and write speeds up to 40MB/s. All the security is built in with no application installation required making this drive very secure and easy to use.
“We are excited to offer a USB 3.0 drive for personal security where consumers can keep their data safe,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “This is a great product for someone looking to store their sensitive personal documents on a safe, easy to use and nicely designed USB drive all at an affordable price.”
DataTraveler Locker+ G3 is available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities and is backed by a five-year warranty, free live technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
In addition to the newly released DataTraveler® Locker+ G3 USB 3.0 Flash drive, Kingston will demo upcoming products and technologies:
- The LSI SF3700 Flash Controller allows higher performance, reliability and endurance. Kingston will show various form-factor solutions to be released this year as part of its SSDNow family.
- 384GB of working 2133MT/s DDR4 Registered DIMMs at 1.2v.
- Overclocking small form factor PCs (Intel® NUC, Gigabyte™ Brix, and Zotac® ZBOX) using HyperX Plug-n-Play SO-DIMMs.
- High-end HyperX memory will be used to process 4K video technology using Battlefield 4 and video shot from a GoPro® HERO3+ Black Edition camera.
- HyperX Cloud headset preview.
- HyperX Fury memory line preview.
Kingston will also hold the live finals for its Dota 2 and overclocking global contest during the 2014 CES. For more information please visit http://finals.d2l.gg/ & http://hwbot.org/competition/hyperxhot13.
Kingston information at CES 2014
Date: January 7th to 9th, 2014
Location: Emperors I and II Ballroom at Caesars Palace
Address: 3570 South Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109
Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G3 Features and Specifications:
- Hardware encryption: the best in personal security to keep your data safe
- Superior password protection: user sets a password to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy to use: no application installation required
- Versatile: works interchangeably between Mac OS X and Windows systems
- Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid login attempts
- Stylish: durable metal casing with built-in key loop
- Co-Logo Program available*: customize DataTraveler Locker+ G3 by adding your logo and/or digital files and instantly increase your organization’s brand recognition. The Customization Program offers unique packaging, custom profiles, color adjustments, content loading and more, all with easy and convenient ordering.
- Supports: Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Vista®, XP & Mac OS X
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty with free technical support
- Capacities**: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Speed***: USB 3.0 speed: 8GB: 80MB/s read, 10MB/s write
16GB: 135MB/s read, 20MB/s write
32GB – 64GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
USB 2.0 speed: 8GB: 30MB/s read, 10MB/s write
16GB – 64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions: 60.56mm x 18.6 mm x 9.75 mm
- Minimum System Requirements:
- USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use****
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
* Minimum quantity required. Performed at the factory.
** Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide.
*** Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
**** First free drive letters after physical devices such as system partition, optical drives, etc.
Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G3
|Part Number||Capacity and Features|
|DTLPG3/8GB||8GB DataTraveler Locker+ G3USB Flash Drive|
|DTLPG3/16GB||16GB DataTraveler Locker+ G3USB Flash Drive|
|DTLPG3/32GB||32GB DataTraveler Locker+ G3USB Flash Drive|
|DTLPG3/64GB||64GB DataTraveler Locker+ G3USB Flash Drive|
|USB 3.0||USB 2.0|
|Windows® 7 (SP1)||Yes||Yes|
|Windows Vista® (SP2)||Yes||Yes|
|Windows XP (SP3)||Yes||Yes|
|Mac OS X v.10.6.x – 10.9.x||Yes||Yes|
Kingston can be found on: