Xperia Z1 To Hit MY Soon
Kuala Lumpur (2 October 2013) – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today announced the local availability of its new flagship device, the Xperia Z1. This follows the global announcement at IFA in Berlin on 4 September.
The elegant, 5” Xperia Z1 is the latest addition to Sony’s premium Z series of products and brings Sony’s proven world-class technologies to the smartphone like never before – including the very best of Sony’s camera expertise.
Xperia Z1 features Sony’s award-winning “G Lens” with a 27mm wide angle and bright F2.0 aperture, a custom made large 1/2.3-type CMOS image sensor Exmor RS for mobile with 20.7MP and Sony’s BIONZ for mobile image processing engine. The combination of these technologies delivers the same level of quality and performance as a conventional compact digital camera in a slim, waterproof smartphone.
Independent testing has confirmed that Xperia Z1 provides the best overall image quality of all leading smartphones 1. This means that Xperia Z1 captures beautiful, sharp and bright images even in lowlight conditions. High shutter speeds and 3x clear image zoom also prevents shots from being blurred while enabling them to be captured at a distance.
Xperia Z1 at a glance
- Sony’s “G Lens”: A lens with F2.0 and wide angle 27mm as well as 3x clear image zoom.
- BIONZ for mobile: Image processing engine with the algorithm from Sony’s leading digital compact cameras. It ensures pictures have less noise, fast auto-focus as well as high stable images for video shooting, preventing shots from being blurred.
- 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile CMOS image sensor with 20.7MP: high sensitivity sensor capturing huge amounts of detail for sharp, crisp images, even in low-light conditions.
- Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile powered by X-Reality™ for mobile engine for the ultimate viewing experience
- Dust and water-resistant (IP55 & IP58), with acclaimed OmniBalance design featuring durable tempered glass and solid one-piece aluminium frame
- Qualcomm Snapdragon™800 quad-core 2.2 Ghz processor, 3000 mAh battery, 4G LTE
- Xperia Camera Applications such as Social live, Info-eye™, Timeshift burst and AR effect. Many more apps will be available through the Sony Select recommendation store after launch
- Memory: RAM 2 GB, Flash memory up to 16 GB, Expansion slot microSD™ card, up to 64 GB
- Full accessory ecosystem for premium entertainment and connectivity
- Battery STAMINA Mode for outstanding battery life
- Sony’s ClearAudio+ automatically optimises the audio experience without the need to adjust individual settings
Availability and RRP
The Xperia Z1 will be available starting 4October in a choice of black, white and purple colour finishes at a recommended retail price of RM2,399. For a limited time, the device will come bundled with the Magnetic Charging Dock DK31.
Exclusive entertainment offer for a limited time
To give consumers the best possible viewing and listening experience, the Xperia Z1 also comes with an exclusive entertainment pack filled with music and movies.
From October to December, consumers who purchase the Xperia Z1 will be able to enjoy three months of free music streaming powered by Akazoo, a social media music app which comes preloaded in the device. Users will have unlimited social music listening with access to a huge catalogue of tracks during the promotional period*.
In addition, Xperia Z1 users will be able to download up to six movies for free** through Movies Privilege, available through the Xperia Privilege app that is also preloaded in the device.