Xperia Z Ultra LTE Coming to MY
Kuala Lumpur, 14 October 2013 – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) is announcing the local availability of the LTE variant for its large-screen smartphone, Xperia Z Ultra. This follows the launch of the HSDPA variant back in August.
Xperia Z Ultra is the next revolution in premium large-screen Android smartphone entertainment. It is the world’s slimmest full HD smartphone1 and also the first to incorporate a Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile powered by Sony’s latest X-Reality™ for mobile picture engine to deliver the most immersive viewing experience imaginable.
Additionally, Xperia Z Ultra is also the only waterproof2 large-screen smartphone and features amazing speed with the fully integrated Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPUs, LTE and HD voice to provide a seamless connected entertainment experience, as well as industry-leading battery performance.
- LTE (Band 3 and 7)
- 6.4” Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile powered by X-Reality™ for mobile engine for the ultimate viewing experience
- Ultra slim, waterproof and dust resistant (IP55/IP58) durable design
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPUs and LTE for fast performance
- Write and sketch with any pencil and selected stylus or pen (capacitive stylus or metal pen with tip diameter over 1mm)
- 8 megapixel camera with Exmor™ RS for mobile sensor and HDR for videos and photos
- Full accessory ecosystem for premium entertainment and connectivity
- Battery STAMINA Mode for outstanding battery life
Availability and RRP
The Xperia Z Ultra LTE variant will be available from 17 October in a choice of black, white and purple colour finishes at a recommended retail price of RM 2,199.
Exclusive entertainment offer for a limited time
To give consumers the best possible viewing and listening experience, the Xperia Z Ultra LTE variant also comes with an exclusive entertainment pack filled with music and movies.
From October to December, consumers who purchase the Xperia Z Ultra LTE version will be able to enjoy three months of free music streaming powered by Akazoo, a social media music app which comes preloaded in the device. Users will have unlimited social music listening with access to a huge catalogue of tracks during the promotional period*.
In addition, Xperia Z Ultra LTE users will be able to download up to six movies for free** through Movies Privilege, available through the Xperia Privilege app that is also preloaded in the device.