Asiasoft sets to introduce Strife in Six Southeast Asian Countries
Asiasoft Corporation Public Limited Company (“Asiasoft”) recently announced that it will be S2 Games’ Southeast Asia Operations Partner for Strife, the premier second generation free-to-play MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), covering Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia and Philippines.
Strife is developed by S2 Games, a pioneer in MOBA genre of video games with over six years of experience in the industry. Their first MOBA, Heroes of Newerth, has 15 million installs and over 2.5 million current registered players. Strife made its first public debut at PAX Prime 2013 held in Seattle in August and it has been positively received by media and gamers.
Some of Strife’s unique features:
- Compete with Enemies, not Teammates – Collaborative gameplay design eliminates battles over resources.designated roles, and player experience issues.
- Fostering Community – Innovative social systems have been created based on a philosophical design goal of creating a truly collaborative, self-regulating community.
- Evolving the Genre – Customizable progression lets players advance in the areas they choose. Select crafted items that suit in-game skills, while pets provide additional customization to complement the heroes’ abilities. Progression is earned, not purchased.
- Deep, Robust Lore – Strife has a rich backstory of each hero’s personal journey.
- Enjoy your Role – No player should feel relegated to sacrificial roles.With visual clarity in team fights and out of combat regeneration, the game is designed so everyone can be active and fight longer.
“S2 Games has developed Strife to be a highly accessible and collaborative multiplayer game without sacrificing the competitive aspect found in MOBA genre,” says Sherman Tan, Chairman of Asiasoft. “On behalf of Asiasoft, we are delighted to be S2 Games’ Operations Partner in Southeast Asian countries and we are looking forward to bring Strife to our audience.”
“Our philosophy at S2 Games for Strife is to create a MOBA utilizing clean sheet design that will appeal to a mainstream audience. We have high expectations for this title, and we needed an experienced, proven leader in Southeast Asia to achieve those goals,” says Marc DeForest, Chief Executive Officer of S2 Games. “We are confident that partnering with Asiasoft will propel Strife to a massive audience.”
Throughout October 2013, S2 Games will conduct a Southeast Asia Road Tour in Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand to introduce Strife to media, cyber cafe management companies and gaming communities in the region. Hosted by Asiasoft and its country subsidiaries, the Road Tour will mark the first time Strife playable demo to be available outside of the United States. Strife Southeast Asia Road Tour starts in Singapore at Campus Game Fest (www.campusgamefest.org, 4-6 October 2013) and culminates in Bangkok, Thailand at Asiasoft’s PlayPark FanFest Event (fanfest.playpark.com, 26-27 October 2013).
Strife is scheduled to enter Beta in Q4 2013 with a full release in early 2014. For more information about the game, please go to www.strife.com or www.facebook.com/StrifeSEA for news on Strife community activities in Southeast Asia.
Gadgets, Photography, Automobile, Lifestyle