Brocade Expands NFV Product Portfolio with New Brocade Vyatta 5600 vRouter
Kuala Lumpur (September 19, 2013) – Brocade (Nasdaq: BRCD) is the industry leader in Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software-Defined Networking (SDN) with almost 1.3 million downloads of its products worldwide. Building on this success, the Brocade® Vyatta® 5600 vRouter is the latest addition to the company’s NFV product portfolio and brings with it an impressive performance boost. As the first virtual router for telco-class networks, the Brocade Vyatta 5600 is up to 40 times faster than competitive virtual routing products1.
The latest network-centric x86 servers deliver outstanding packet processing capabilities and are increasingly populated with 10 GbE Network Interface Cards (NICs) to accommodate data traffic growth. The Brocade Vyatta 5600 enables telcos and large service providers to harness this extremely cost-efficient networking power by leveraging software instead of deploying traditional purpose-built hardware.
- Directly answers the NFV call to action of the world’s largest telecommunication and service providers
- Leverages Brocade vPlaneTM technology capable of 10 Gbps throughput per x86 core
- Addresses use cases such as BGP routing, ACL offload and Virtual BGP Route Reflection, among others
- Is currently in limited availability and scheduled for general availability at the end of 2013
- Complements the Brocade Vyatta 5400 vRouter product family, which is designed for Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and is currently deployed by industry leaders such as Amazon, Rackspace and SoftLayer